• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Benge & TJB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I own both copies of the album SP- 4103 especially the one with Herb and TJB on the entire front cover.I noticed that the picture is slightly different on the album than the one on the Benge advertisement.The expressions and position's of the member's is slightly different.Herb is facing straight on to the camera as opposed to the Benge photo where he is turned to the left.I should be able to scan the album cover as so you can see the differences in the two photo's.

Ed : From up in Winnipeg,Manitoba.

javascript:emoticon(':)')
Smile

That's true, there are a few little differences in the photos, but they are taken from the same photo session. Either way, a nice little photo. :wink:

Capt. Bacardi

A variation of that photo is also now used in the new SHOUT! Factory release of SOUTH OF THE BORDER on the first inside page of the booklet.

Harry

Herb Alpert and Benge. Two examples of greatness! I don't think that Benge could have picked a better artist to demonstrate the Benge sound and show the personality that their horns allowed you to bring to the music. Herb recorded with Benge for that very reason. Those horns make it easy to "speak" while playing and can easily produce a wide array of tone colors and embellishments for the skilled player. Herb's lyrical style of playing was a natural for the Benge trumpet. I'll bet their sales skyrocketed too when it became common knowledge that Herb played a Benge.

David,
who loves his Benge and Herb's music...........

I think this Benge photo would have been better for the "Lost Treasures" CD than the one used. The picture used on LT looks more bull-fightish which LT was more of a Smooth Jazz album. I'm sure Shout Factory will be calling me for advice in the future. :tongue:

Later.........Jay

The picture of Herb Alpert, which is on the cover of "Lost Treasures" cd, is the exact same photo on the back cover of the program booklet from when I saw the TJB live at the Spectrum in Phila. in 1968. I remember how my father liked the TJB so much- but yet he was a bonafide "country & western fan". Really something how Herb's music appealed to young & old, and crossed over different music styles/genres- and how really good it makes you feel when you listen to it. Didn't a great classical composer- Bach, if I'm not mistaken, write that "Music should be uplifting to the spirit"? Well, Herb sure has that uplifting effect, and we all can benefit with a little "uplifting" these days.
John Christman

'68 or '69? I attended both at the Spectrum, but have my ticket stub from '69:

tjbtix.jpg

I recall that we sat on the floor for the '68 concert. The view was rather obstructed, particularly with all of the fans on their feet most of the time.

For the '69 concert we were just elevated above the floor with a much better view. Herb entered the arena from the tunnel just next to us - VERY exciting!

That photo on the back of the tour book is one I posted here earlier, when the LOST TREASURES cover art first surfaced:

TourBookBack1024.thumb.jpg

Harry

I saw Herb and the TJB in Cleveland, Ohio, on October 27, 1969, at the Public Auditorium.

Also in 1968, in the Cleveland suburb of Cuyahoga Falls, where the summer venue of the Cleveland Orchestra, Blossom Music Center, is located. That was August 5 & 6, 1968.

hi people, and that is where my parents took me to see the tjb at the blossom music centerback in 1968, and got to go back stage with herb and tonni kalash and got both of there autographs and also go the tour book from that year as well. which the copy I got is a bit torn, does anyone here might have a extra one they could sell me.
thanks
bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom