Bless the Beasts soundtrack version

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all the talk of remixes and alternate versions, I wonder why I never see chatter about the alternate "Beasts" found on the film soundtrack? The vibes really caught me by surprise the first time I put it on.

Does anyone prefer this version? Are the vibes the only difference?

Discuss.... :D

Mark

As Bless the Beasts remains one of Richard's favourite Carpenters recordings ...it is strange that this soundtrack version has not been issued again either as part of Box set rarities or as a bonus track on another CD ..unlike the Quad 1970's issues ....there should be no musical reason for not re-issuing soundtrack version .... :confused:

Peter

Got it too. Two actually. Hit those used LP shops folks. There is a goldmine waiting for harvest.

Jeff

For those of you who have never heard the soundtrack version, I've just completed a video using clips from the film and an MP3 file of the original soundtrack version of Bless the Beasts and Children.

In the film, a shortened version of the song begins when the movie credits begin. It's just the first two verses, then the second chorus of "Light their way..." and then the fade-out conclusion. Another short snippet of the song is heard at the end of movie. The complete song is never heard from beginning to end.

For my YouTube video, I had to make two videos - one with the dialogue and one with the song. Then I spliced them together so that you can hear the complete song during the clips...

Carpenters - Bless the Beasts and Children (original soundtrack version)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYYklYRTNIc

Since this thread had last been active in 2005, of course, the "Bless The Beasts And Children" film version has finally seen the light of day on CD in the Japan Singles Box Set, one of the pleasant surprises awaiting the listener in that set.

Harry

The original soundtrack version of "Bless the Beasts and Children" is different in two places that I noticed the first time I heard it.
The vibe intro is quite noticeable. However, when Karen first sings, "Light their way....", her vocal is MUCH louder than the version on "A Song For You". Check it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom