• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Brasil 66 Mini BIOs

Status
Not open for further replies.
JMK said:
Well, Lani does refer to herself as "Lani Alpert Hall" in the credits of several of her solo efforts, so that's almost right. :shock: I kept waiting for Herb to list himself as Herb Hall Alpert for his releases during those years. :rolleyes:

Which, in turn, reminds me of the brief period in late 1969/early 1970 that former Beatle John Lennon had billed himself as "John Ono Lennon" after he and Yoko wed. But I suppose this aside's for the "F.A.O." section. . . .

W.B. said:
All these discussions and discrepancies of Brasil '66ers' biographical info expostulated herein remind me of something in a paperback book...I wonder if any of you are familiar with this rock-trivia book I'm talking about . . .

I'm not familiar with the particular book you mention, but do recall seeing a similar book in Tower Records several years ago. It listed artists, albums and birthdates. One thing that might have led to the misunderstanding about Janis the actress being Janis the singer was the entry for Brasil '66...it stated that Janis Hansen was an "actress and former Playboy Bunny..." - there was no mention of Karen Philipp. Since this was many years ago, I can't recall the birthdates as listed, but do recall Sergio's birthdate as having been correct.

Jon...the "Brasil Nut"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom