• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Burt Bacharach

Status
Not open for further replies.

brasil-boi

I just came home from seeing Burt Bacharach play live at the Britt Festival in Jacksonville, Oregon....It was incredible! ..The male singer had a voice similar to Joe Pizullo, and the female singer had a really pretty voice as well. Burt sang "Alfie" by himself and a few other songs...It was mostly an older crowd and there was no dancing to any of it. He started and ended the concert with "What the World Needs Now is Love" but, of course there was an encore and he came back and played "That's What Friends Are For" and then finally ended with "Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head." The trumpet part at the end was really lengthened. It was a really fun night. It was like a total A&M extravaganza because most of the songs were covered by other A&M artists.

Sounds like the Burt Bacharach concert I saw in March of this year. Yes, where DID he get those singers (two male & two female) from? They sound (And LOOK!) really GOOD!

Dave

Still waiting for Bacharach to confirm London concerts in 2004...these latest performances sound great :cool:

Peter

brasil-boi said:
... and then finally ended with "Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head."

Wow!!!! :o Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head??? This is one of my favorite songs, and I sing it everytime I can. :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom