• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Carpenter Christmas traditions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timothy22

I wanted to share a Carpenter Christmas tradition that our family celebrates every christmas season. Each year when we cut down our tree and bring it home to decorate - we always play the Carpenter's Music. This has been a tradition for as long as I can remember. I even asked my son & daughter to continue this tradition - long after I'm gone. My daughter also promised me that every christmas eve after I'm gone she is going to play "Merry Christmas darling". I think that's great! The Carpenter's tradition will go on in our family - how about yours? Any Carpenter Christmas traditions out there? Tim

Tim,

That's a really sweet story. Thanks for sharing it. My family (back in Tennessee) leans more toward country music, so the Carpenters didn't figure prominently in our Christmases. But the one time I did play Christmas Portrait at home I remember how everyone stopped talking and started listening. At the time I didn't know if that was a good thing or not, but then my Mom, after hearing "Silent Night", said "That's the prettiest thing I've ever heard," so I knew they approved.

Best wishes for the holidays y'all!

Tony

Hello

I ALWAYS play the Christmas CDs at Christmas, especially on Christmas Eve while I am wrapping presents - you can't beat it!

I remember being in Austria whilst studying abroad years ago, and I played Christmas Portrait for my host family, and from then on in, their mother insisted we play in every night whilst eating dinner in the run up to Christmas. She thought it was fabulous!

Stephen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom