• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Carpenters & Friends (album)

Simon KC1950

So I thought this would be interesting, a lot of Artists have released compilations featuring themselves singing with others. And the carpenters did many. So I made this a playlist using songs I have saved to my files, what do you think? Now these are the ones I have saved. There are more duets ect. I think this would be a great opportunity for an official release of tracks we don't have.

Carpenters & Friends

1. Music Music Music opening (A Song For You and Without A Song) - with Ella Fitzgerald and John Davidson.

2. Make Your Own Kind Of Music - with Herb Alpert et al

3. Ticket To Ride & I'll Never Fall In Love - with Andy Williams

4. Brothers And Sisters - with Kristy and Jimmy McNichol

5. Something In Your Eyes - with Dusty Springfield

6. Crescent Noon - with the Cal Stat Choir

7. Gonna Cut Away - with John Denver

8. Carpenters / Como medley - with Perry Como

9. Grease Lightning Medley - with the Carpenters band

10. Heartache Tonight - with Olivia Newton- John, Toni Tennille and Tina Turner

11. Coming Through The Rye / Good Vibrations - with John Denver

12. In Love Alone - with Dionne Warwick

13. Dance In The Old Fashioned way, Boogie Nights and I Could Have Danced All Night - with John Davidson and Suzanne Sommers

14. Silly Love Songs / We've Only Just Begun - with Captain & Tennille and Ben Vereen

15. Man Smart, Woman Smarter - with Suzanne Sommers

16. That's What I Believe - with Scott Grimes

17. When I Die - with Wanda Freeman

18. Karen / Ella Medley - with Ella Fitzgerald

I love it except I wouldn't include the 3 tracks from "Time." Mainly because there is no Karen, but also because they have already been released and are easily available. It's a great concept though!

By the way--here is Why we got
John Davidson on those Carpenters' Television Specials:

"By 1980, Davidson co-hosted the hit ABC reality series, That’s Incredible. He had also made countless appearances on The Mike Douglas Show, The Merv Griffin Show, The Hollywood Squares and The Tonight Show, where he frequently guest hosted for Johnny Carson.
My manager at the time was Jerry Weintraub,” Davidson says. “During those years, I was on just all the time, on TV. And in the late ‘80s, he said, ‘You know, you’ve got to lay low for a while. You’ve been overexposed...."

Source:
Clean-cut singer-actor John Davidson reveals his ‘Wicked’ present

If your going to include tracks from Time, then I would suggest it's only fair to include the track of Karen and Peter Cetera from her solo album.

Bonus hidden track (limited to the first 500 orders)
Angel in the Christmas Play

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom