Carpenters playing in record store

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
Site Admin
While out in the Chicago area visiting for the holidays, we went into the giant Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg just for some day-after-Thanksgiving shopping fun. We do this just about every year, just as a kick to kind of get us in the Christmas mood.

While my wife was off buying something, I stopped in to look around in the FYE store there. And loudly playing over the store's music system was Carpenters CHRISTMAS PORTRAIT. Not just a song - the whole album.

It was nice to browse around in a record store with something not only familiar, but good too, playing, instead of the usual background thumping noise usually found in record stores these days!

Harry

Similar experience here. I am visiting my family in Florida, and the neighbors across the street had "Merry Christmas, Darling" blaring out of their living room! I was stoked!

--And at a Whole Lott'a Other #$%*! :cussing: Kinds O' Stores!!!! :bigeek: :bigsanta: :tongue:artyhat:

So far at a couple of stores, one, a Linen Store was playing "There's No Place Like Home For The Holidays", and the other, a Household Goods Store played "The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire)"...

And I think at the Mall I heard "It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas" and "White Christmas"...

One thing's for SURE...: At least Karen got to record EVERYTHING Christmas :santa: ...!!! :thumbsup:

Dave

We had XM 103 ("Holly") playing both at the store and theatre today and I heard several Carpenters tunes. No Herb Alpert yet though, but I'm sure it's in the mix somewhere. :)

Yes, I have to agree with that. The melody line would have featured Karen's lower register incredibly well.

Are we quite sure that she didn't? Now that you guys have mentioned it, I can hear practically the entire song going through my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom