Christmas radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
Site Admin
As a former radio employee, I still get emails from record companies, syndicators, networks, etc., and for the last couple of years I've been getting one that's meant for a radio station program director in regard to the selling of a Christmas special. PD's like to give their main staff off for the holidays, and one of the ways to accomplish that is to either put together their own special Christmas programming - or buy one from a syndicator - or use a special network feed.

This syndicator, with a 12-hour show called CHRISTMAS ACROSS THE LANDS for the past few years, has listed Richard Carpenter as being among the folks that participate. I've never heard it, but thought you might like to see his name in the email:
ChristmasAcrossTheLands2.JPG

ChristmasAcrossTheLands.JPG
This of course is not something available to the general public, so I wouldn't advise trying to purchase it, but I thought it might be of interest that Richard Carpenter is still thought of at Christmas time as a force in seasonal music.

Harry

I've got a few of these types of programs on Vinyl and CD that I've picked up off EBay and used record shops. Sometimes they tend to use the the same interview for a couple of years in a row or they'll grab a sound bite from years ago, so who knows if the interview with Richard is new or a reuse. But it would be interesting if people could find out what stations are airing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom