• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Collection for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarpentersToYou

Somehow you brought the gambler out in me...
It's come to be one of those times where I must part with my collection. I'm still a fan, but have been moving around so many times and haven't even looked at my current collection. I'm still a fan and plan on keeping the simple, standard US editions.

I have the following highlights and all are in excellent shape. Please PM with offer if interested.
Moderators: If you find this thread inappropriate, go ahead and remove it.

COLLECTION:

-Japanese Singles Box (in wrap, but opened) (Legit version)
-40th Anniversary Box (in wrap, but opened)
- From the top square Japanese box (Box open, in wrap, CDs sealed)
-Complete 2009 Japanese Reissues (as a whole or part) Includes Live in Japan and Palladium)
- 20 / 20 CD (in wrap, opened)
- 22 Hits + Karaoke CD
- Original Master Karaoke 2-CD Set (Still sealed)
- Various CD Singles and Japanese 7" singles

Items are still available. No offers yet. I guess the CD market is dead.
I am accepting offers and not giving a price.

Please send me a PM if interested.

By the way, "PM" is now a bit of a misnomer, as the Private Messaging function has been changed to be a "Conversation" in the new forum software. To contact CarpentersToYou, simply click on that name on the left. It brings up a box in the middle of the screen and you can then click on "Start a conversation".

Harry

OTHER ITEMS AVAILABLE (Wow, it's painful to sell your babies!!!)

- From The Top JAPANESE BOX SET (Box open, CDs still sealed)
- 1989 UK "Collection" BOX SET (not 1989 remastered discs, very rare!)
- Christmas Song CD SINGLE
- You're The One Promo CD (For 1989 UK Box set)
- Make Believe It's Your First Time CD SINGLE
- Let Me Be The One CD SINGLE (Part 1 and 2)
- Merry Christmas Darling CD SINGLE
- Various 3" CD SINGLES
- Honolulu City Lights CD SINGLE (Very rare!)
- If I Had You PROMO CD
- EVERY 2009 issued Remastered Classic Japanese LP (including Live in Japan and Live at the Palladium)

If things weren't so tight, I'd go for that Japan Singles box. :sigh: I've seen it in person, and it's so meticulously detailed...

You're right about the CD market. True rarities will still command a high price (many of yours are not very common), but common CDs are hard to move. Many of the local used stores will only pay rock bottom for CDs, since a lot of it has become dead inventory; vinyl is where the action is at these days, as the inventory turns frequently.

The Singles Box is still available. And it's still gorgeous! (God, I hate doing this! LOL)

Just sold:
-22 Hits + Gold
- 40th Anniversary Set
- Original Master Karaoke

Oooh the pain of selling your children!
One thinks of the excitement they had when getting some of their cherished items.

That's an excellent price! I'd be getting it myself if I weren't so short on funds right now.

Hi Alex, so sorry to hear you have to get rid of your collection, I know how much this must hurt to let these items go. Those are great prices and I wish the best for you and hope you get more than what you have them listed for. I noticed your listing indicate the items are located in France? Is that correct?

That single mix of "Please Mr. Postman" is on the single, of course - and appeared on both the JAPANESE SINGLES BOX as well as on the 40th Anniversary Box Set on the SWEET SIXTEEN disc, but that's not really easily obtainable either. The mix is really not much different from the album mix, just more compressed-sounding.

The original album version of "Those Good Old Dreams" can be easily found on the GOLD/YESTERDAY ONCE MORE video on VHS, LaserDisc or DVD.

Harry

Though I've never owned that Compact Disc Collection, from what I've heard, it's a set of the first-issue CD masterings from the '80s. I believe they're all in jewel cases, just like the standard release, so unless you want to hear the Carpenters discs the way they were originally released on CD, it's not a particularly spectacular set. Still, it was the *first* CD box set of all the albums, so in that respect, I suppose it's collectable.

Harry

I own it already, I was just wondering what you guys thought of the original mixes. The presentation of it wasn't that spectacular but it's a very nice collectible I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom