• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Collection for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you thought about listing your unsold items on a fixed-price site like Amazon? You can list the items for whatever price you want. I've had much better luck selling high-value items that way than I have with eBay.

Its a nice set. the CDs slide down into cardboard sleeves. Each sleeve gives the track details and all 12 CDs are held together in a hardback cover in white with Gold carpenters lettering. The only dissapointment was that the set did not include any artwork from the original studio album covers, however, there is a small poster that opens up into the size of perhaps an old 7" record with the same picture that you will see on the inside cover of 'Only Yesterday, Karen & Richard Carpenters Greatest Hits' taken I think circa 1980

I remember when I received my set back in 1989 though, there was a unique fault with the Gold Coated CDs. The sound quality was crackly and I returned my set to Polygram who advised that certain sets had been pulled back from the market - they replaced the set with normal CDs - maybe check that the discs are not gold coated before you buy.

I have the same set on cassette which is really nice - its almost like a shoe box !! Its quirky and much better than The Compact Disc Collection. The disc set was £267.99 in 1989-1990. I saved for weeks and raised £200 and my Mother topped up my earnings so that I could order the disc set from 'Our Price' - I waited weeks for it to arrive and have to say I was not dissapointed as at that point, I did not own all 12 Studio Albums. I was mesmerized by Voice of The Heart and Lovelines.

Sadly in 2005, my home was burgled and vandalised and this set was destroyed having been in my collection for just over 15 years. I am still looking to replace it but now that the 40th Anniversary Collection has been launched and the 35th Anniversary 'Black Box' set is oit there, I am not sure which one to go for.

So in short, yes its a unique nicely presented set of CDs and if you treasure it as much as I did, its a great buy !!

I have 2 items available right now:

1. Japanese Singles Box - Perfect condition, box is a little scuff from ware. Asking $300, but will accept bids. Non smoking home.

2. 40th Anniversary Box. I acquired this one a year ago from a seller in Japan for $400 and when I received it I was saddened to find it had some damage done to it because it was owned by a smoker. The box itself has some ash burns and some of the sides of the CD books has some damage done to it, too. Unfortunately I wasn't allowed a refund. I'm looking to move this for about $200. Half of what I paid for it. The CDs and booklets are all in great shape and it is a legit copy of the set. Send bids to me. Not expecting to get what I paid for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom