• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Collector's Choice Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

Actorman

Has anyone else ordered from them lately? I've had one of (if not the) worst customer experiences ever with them.

I placed an order with them for over $400 back in January. I received one item right away, but heard nothing from them after that. After a few weeks I e-mailed their customer service department to inquire and received a response that because of a "computer glitch" my order had been cancelled and I needed to go back in and reorder everything from their website. (Why they couldn't just pull up my order by the # and redo it on their end is beyond me.) When I went in to do that, I noticed one of the items had a substantial price jump since the original order (from $30 to $75) and so I couldn't use the online ordering and get the same price as the original order. I e-mailed them again and explained the situation. I then received another e-mail telling me that I needed to call them "at my convenience" during their M-F, 9-5 business hours which, of course, is when I am at work (so, not "convenient" at all).

I managed to sneak away from my job for bit last Friday to call them to get the order straightened out. The person I spoke with was helpful: took the order, begrudgingly gave me the original price on the one item, waived the shipping (since I had paid it with the first item) and honored the coupon I had used on the original order. All the item were in stock except one which was on backorder. The following day I received an e-mail telling me that all the items in my order were out of stock and they were cancelling the order. I went out to their site and verified that all the items except the one were still showing as "in stock."

I sent them yet another e-mail asking for an explanation as to why once again my order was cancelled for no apparent reason. I detailed the entire situation and expressed my frustration and dissatisfaction thinking that would prompt some type of action. Today, I get a canned e-mail response from them telling me to call them to re-do the order (again!). No apology, no effort to recover my business, no explanation or attempt to figure out why both orders were cancelled. They have completely lost my business (after 6 years as a customer) which is sad because I actually look forward to their catalog each month.

Has anyone else had a bad experience with them?

P.S. - This was actually the second incident I have had with them. The first one was last year when they charged me full price for a CD that was a cut-out. I let that incident slide as a "one time thing" since I had years of good experience with them prior to that. However, this current experience just pushed me beyond!

My experiences with CCM have not been great, either. They take forever to ship and often, after I've ordered, the item is out of stock. One time they listed "Touch Me" by Louis Shelton as one of their own reissues. I ordered it, and after many months I discovered that they had never even released it (nor did they ever). It took even more months to get my money back. After that, I just gave up on them. If I want something semi-obsure, I go with Dusty Groove. I just about always have good experiences with them.

I found one of the last available Collectors Choice products (word--or rumor--has it that the Co. has been defunct for a few years) which was John Stewart's Warner Bros. albums, The Lonesome Picker Rides Again from 1971 and Sunstorm from 1972...

And the irony of them not being together on one CD: the LP for the former is still needed if you want the insert containing the musician credits and the lyrics for the songs in the latter's gate fold... Haven't burned either of them together yet; they would fit...

But I've been playing them separately much like their vinyl counterparts, though Bombs Away Dream Babies (1979), featuring John's hit, "Gold", and Dream Babies Go Hollywood (1980) are at least conveniently packaged together w/ a couple Bonus Tracks...

At this point, just about everything CC could probably do has been done, otherwise time to revisit our 'Non-A&M Wish List Thread', for more speculation...

-- Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom