• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Drums

I played drums for 6 years from 1986 to 1992 just a simple 5 piece set with highhat cymbals etc regular standard sticks ( this was after I tried to give up the trumpet in 86 only to return to it in 2020) but it was fun while it lasted I've also played a keyboard synthesizer starting in 87 off and on until I got a permanent Yamaha keyboard in 2002 which I still have it's my band in a box. But I started drums on an old Yamaha 4 piece then traded it in for a CB700 5 piece set the 5 piece was an upgrade and it served me well until I gave it away to a friend and quit drumming but I have fond memories of jamming with friends and recording those jam sessions I was in my 20s and so full of energy ( maybe too much )

I played drums for 6 years from 1986 to 1992 just a simple 5 piece set with highhat cymbals etc regular standard sticks ( this was after I tried to give up the trumpet in 86 only to return to it in 2020) but it was fun while it lasted I've also played a keyboard synthesizer starting in 87 off and on until I got a permanent Yamaha keyboard in 2002 which I still have it's my band in a box. But I started drums on an old Yamaha 4 piece then traded it in for a CB700 5 piece set the 5 piece was an upgrade and it served me well until I gave it away to a friend and quit drumming but I have fond memories of jamming with friends and recording those jam sessions I was in my 20s and so full of energy ( maybe too much )
You have quite a story to share sir. Have you had any experience with frame drums like bodhruns aside from the stereotypical drumsets?

Sadly no sorry I never got beyond the stereotypical drum sets but I thought you meant all drums but It's OK though And Welcome to the forum as I see you're a new member

Yup! (And welcome to the forum, by the way!) I'm an amateur musician/songwriter/producer in my free time and have been a drummer in a handful of (sadly now-defunct) regional bands and also handle nearly all the drum work on my own albums (I've got four up on Bandcamp, my favorite of which I released under the moniker Sleeping Satellites, if you're curious to hear my playing). I also play piano/keyboards/synths, guitar, and bass, but drums are definitely my favorite instrument to play. I'm mainly a drumkit player (and most often play on my own Tama Club Jam kit), though I've played conga and bongo drums as well for the more acoustic/"unplugged"-style gigs I get asked to do. I'm an avid-enough drummer that one of the greatest thrills I've ever had was getting invited by a friend to a private party where it turned out there were literally something like two dozen different drumkits fully set up down in the basement - that in and of itself would have been enough to intrigue me to no end - and, even cooler, Carl Palmer (the drummer for the bands Asia and Emerson, Lake & Palmer) was going around the room trying a bunch of them out that particularly struck his fancy! He's easily one of my favorite drummers of all-time (and one whose records I used to drum along to quite often at home while practicing), so that was a pretty surreal and amazing experience for me and one I'll certainly never forget.

Yup! (And welcome to the forum, by the way!) I'm an amateur musician/songwriter/producer in my free time and have been a drummer in a handful of (sadly now-defunct) regional bands and also handle nearly all the drum work on my own albums (I've got four up on Bandcamp, my favorite of which I released under the moniker Sleeping Satellites, if you're curious to hear my playing). I also play piano/keyboards/synths, guitar, and bass, but drums are definitely my favorite instrument to play. I'm mainly a drumkit player (and most often play on my own Tama Club Jam kit), though I've played conga and bongo drums as well for the more acoustic/"unplugged"-style gigs I get asked to do. I'm an avid-enough drummer that one of the greatest thrills I've ever had was getting invited by a friend to a private party where it turned out there were literally something like two dozen different drumkits fully set up down in the basement - that in and of itself would have been enough to intrigue me to no end - and, even cooler, Carl Palmer (the drummer for the bands Asia and Emerson, Lake & Palmer) was going around the room trying a bunch of them out that particularly struck his fancy! He's easily one of my favorite drummers of all-time (and one whose records I used to drum along to quite often at home while practicing), so that was a pretty surreal and amazing experience for me and one I'll certainly never forget.
By the way feel free to share your band camp profile and works in this thread.

Wow @jfiedler17 ... Just played some of your song samples on your page and I'm reminded, we have some pretty talented musicians here at A&M Corner...

--Mr. Bill

Back
Top Bottom