• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

eBay stupidity - Mendes style

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Blakesley

Staff member
Here's the worst description I ever found on eBay of a Sergio Mendes item. Check that engineer's name! I swear I have not tampered with this in any way.

Here's the link if you wanna look for yourself. (The bad html layout is worth a look too!)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2550645979&category=43692

-----------------------

FOOL ON THE HILL" ( by John lennon & Paul Mccartney ) * other songs include, FIESTA, CASA FORT, CANTO TRISTE, UPA, NEGUINHO, LAPINHA, SCARBOROUGH AFFAIR ( by Simon & Garfunkel ) ,WHEN SUMMER TURNS TO SNOW & LAIA LADAIA..ALL PRODUCED & ARRANGED BY; SERGIO MENDES...ENGINEERED BY; AL HERPERT!!!( vinly ) in v/g condition & cover has a small tear..from the estate of my husband,,,,,( tlc )

I saw that, and meant to point it out here. Funny!

And did you see this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2551078358&category=43692

It looks like it's "Pert Lapert y sus Tijuanas" at the bottom of the label, but at the top it says "Iguana Brass"

HerbAlpert1label.jpg

At least the seller recognizes it as a misspelling, but I don't think this is a genuine HA & TJB album. The titles, with my limited Spanish, just don't match up.

Harry
...Pert Lapert - sounds like a shampoo, online...

I don't believe that this is a "mislabelled" Tijuana Brass LP. I'd bet that it really IS by a group called the IGUANA BRASS. They may have sounded similar to the TJB (and they covered "Tijuana Taxi"), hence the seller's confusion.

Murray
...The Iguana Brass...I wonder how Herb would have looked in a lizard suit... :laugh:

Well, if Herb ever decided to branch out into Ice Cream or Shampoo, he'd make a killing.

Imagine:

"Al Herbert Ice Cream & Other Delights!"

- or -

"Don't Frighten Him Away...Walk, Don't Run to your nearest store and pick up a bottle of Pert Lapert Shampoo today!"

Jon

...with no hope of an advertising career, online... :tongue:

Hey! Stolf should get this one for the TJB Clone List. :wink: Iguana Brass....hehehehehhe...

I also think you guys will be whipping up some more of those bad TJB puns pretty shortly too... :wink:

Bad TJB Puns? Of what do you speak? :wink:

Jon

...who must abandon all thoughts of an advertising career, online...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom