• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Fandango CD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrangel

Does anyone know where I can purchase the Herb Alpert Fandango CD? I've tried all the website I could and its all out of stock. Please, please I've been trying for months if anyone out there can help me I would really appreciate it!

hi
and welocome to the A&M Corner. your bet best is to try a used cd store and see if they have it there.as you said that is out of print that is where I found my copy of it 2 years ago.
bob

Out of print and unavailable for retail purchase at this time...but maybe it will eventually emerge as one of the reissues starting in 2005...

The above suggestion about used CD stores sounds like a good idea.

IMO, it is the best of the Herb Alpert solo, post Tijuana Brass albums. It is Herb's finest trumpet playing performance since the Tijuana Brass. The technical execution and tone of the trumpet on this particular album are outstanding. Beautiful, resonant tone; outstanding performance both technically and musically. Speaking from the point of view of an experienced trumpet player, Herb has rediscovered on this album just exactly what a trumpet is supposed to sound like(of course, he knew all along - he just occasionally took a departure from what he always knew and could do :) ). This album, IMO, is not only an album of great songs, but an album of "listening instruction" on trumpet playing for us trumpet players.

The only other option is to try to find one on eBay, and pay an outrageously inflated price.

As others have mentioned Fandango has been out of print more several years. You might get lucky finding it at a used-CD store, or you can overpay a ton of money on eBay, where this album has gone for no less than $200 on CD. You'd probably be better off finding a good clean vinyl version and putting it on a CD-R yourself.

Capt. Bacardi

Hi mrangel, If you hurry, there's one at ebay for only $250.00

Myself, I went with the clean vinyl & CD-R... much cheaper!

Good advice above. :agree: Fandango on CD is a rarity these days, and any copy you see on eBay or elsewhere is going to be outrageously priced. I see vinyl copies all the time, but if you have no way to play it back, that won't do you much good either.

You might try www.gemm.com...there is one FANDANGO CD listed; the seller has a rather "spotty" rating...but it wouldn't hurt to inquire about the CD...it was in stock[just one] as of 11/19/04...and it was in "near mint" condition. I've never done business with gemm, but several other forum members have.
They're asking 10.95...could be a real turkey, but it beats 350.00 on ebay...

Dan

Just found on vinyl mint for 25 cents from a thrift store. I cleaned it and put it on and WOW!!! I had forgotten what a fine album it is.
Stevenj

I have a virtually mint copy of the Fandango vinyl album, but have no turntable on which to play it :sad: ...I'm looking into having a CD made if I can find someone with the equipment to do so... :idea:

If I had a turntable and the equipment to make CDs from albums, I have several albums that could "ride again" as CDs... :)

:yawn: It will be Soooo much easier when these reissues are available to be purchased...

I wish that a “The Making of Fandango” video/DVD existed. It could start with Herb arriving at the airport in Mexico City, then entering the CBS Recording Studio, meeting everyone and then beginning the process of making the music; ending in a performance of the entire album.

I suppose the notion of making a music documentary film at that time was unheard of, but it sure would be fun to watch it if it had been done.

Thanks everyone for their quick replies. I'm going to try that website and if not start scouring the thrift stores! (at least I won't waste my time looking for it on CD websites). That idea of a DVD showing "the making of" sounds like a great idea! Herb are you listening???

I can help you Captain Dave, as I put pristeen vinyl to CD Quite often. The albums you are looking for I'm sure I have. This for sure is the only way to put an out of print CD or LP to disc and I would be glad to help!!

I can't see paying Sixty dollars, which includes shipping, for a used disc where the profit is only going into some scalpers hands. Pristeen vinyl to CD is still the best way, and much much cheeper to!! Or, you can just wait for the re-release!

I guess the price on that eBay Fandango CD jumped a little since I posted my previous message. Yes, I agree that $60 is a lot for one Herb Alpert CD, but at the moment it is unclear if this CD will be re-released. I spent lots of money purchasing original A&M Herb Alpert TJB CDs off of eBay... especially my S.R.O. CD. At the time I never thought these Herb Alpert TJB albums would ever be re-released on CD. Just thought I'd let you know that there is an original Fandango CD available. :)

I'd be very surprised if this stayed at $60. I expect it to get near $200 before it's over, just like the others have in the past.

Capt. Bacardi

If anyone needs a copy of Fandango, I will burn a pristeen vinyl copy to CD if anyone is interested! The Hurrikane!!! Lemme Know!

I bought my Fandango vinyl at Gemm. I have the Canadian Print , which came sealed and brand new.
At Gemm you can also find the cd version , but as everyone has said, you might have to fork out no less than $200 for it. There is also a Japanese import of it been sold around as well, but very expensive as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom