• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Herb Alpert On TV Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Bacardi

I just found out that Herb will be on the Trio Channel on Thursday, February 5th when Trio will show an old episode of Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In. It will be on twice - 8 a.m. and 1 p.m. ET. Check your local cable company to see if they carry this station.

Capt. Bacardi

I think I saw that episode when it first aired in 1968. I vaguely remember Herb standing with a trombone in his hand and Dan Rowan says to him "I didn't know you played the trombone, Herb".Herb looks at the trombone questioningly for a moment and then says "I don't", and tosses the trombone behind him.

David,
turning back the memory machine....

I think Trio might be a Canadian-based channel. Or used to be.

I just watched the tape of this show, and Herb was only in a couple of bits: the opener where Judy Carne says to him that she's glad he's on the show and for Herb to "sock it to me" and he blows through his horn and water sprays on Judy; another scene is where he's trying to blow a note but nothing comes out until he shakes the horn a couple of times; and the aforementioned take with Herb holding a trombone saying he's about to perform "A Taste Of Honey", when Dick mentions he didn't know Herb played trombone and Herb says he doesn't, and hands Dick the trombone. The show is from September 1968. It also featured Eve Arden (of Mother-In-Laws fame).

Capt. Bacardi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom