• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Herb Alpert & The TJB - VOLUME 2 Comments + Reviews

What is your favorite song?

• The Great Manolete (La Virgin de la Macarena)

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Spanish Harlem

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Swinger From Seville

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Winds Of Barcelona

Votes: 13 30.2%
  • Green Leaves Of Summer

• More

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • America

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Surfin' Señorita

• Marching Through Madrid

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Crea Mi Amor

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Mexican Corn

• Milord

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry said:
...Hmm...I get the feeling that some of our members have forgotten the ground rules set in the first post in this thread...

--Which are...:

Harry said:
...Please do not use this thread to comment on the fact that the album isn't available on CD, but rather keep your comments about the actual sound of the album and the music contained within...

--:neutral:inkshield:

Though, by now, we need yet another thread devoted to the "incidental discussion" which this topic has just splintered off to...

Dave

Mike Blakesley said:
The CD generation doesn't know the thrill of popping open a new album cover, especially a gatefold YEAH! :D
That is SO true. To me today's method of obtaining music is downright depressing. I remember opening albums and pulling out sleeves, and how exciting it would be to see lyrics included for songs that featured vocals. Sometimes the lyric sleeve would even be decorative.

Nowadays if you get the lyrics they're so tiny you have to have a magnifying glass to see them. And the small pictures really lose the oomph of a gorgeous face staring back at you from an album cover...

Like many others here I prefer getting a physical product that I can hold in my hand. Just my personal preference.

"Marching Through Madrid" has always been a favorite of mine. It never fails to bring back memories of when I first heard the song...I was in Jr. High band, marching in parades. Great memories.

I know what is meant by the "Metallic sound" but I think that is what I like about that particular album. It worked well with "Marching through Madrid".

To me the only bad thing about "MTM" is the lack of bass in it. The remaster helped that a little.

Well, one other thing...it always fades out too soon!

You know, when a song is truly a great song you feel in in the heart and soul! I know that from my own perspective. Many of Herb's songs have done that to me. But...everytime I played Surfin' Senorita for my mother, it brought tears of joy!!!! She couldn't explain it...but I understood. A great melody just can't be denied. May you rest in peace mom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom