• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Herb & Lani At Yoshi's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Sidoruk

Founder, A&M Fan Net
Staff member
Herb Alpert, Lani Hall stop at Yoshi's in SF
Wednesday, June 03, 2009 | 7:21 PM
By Wayne Freedman SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) --

If you love and follow music, then you know where Herb Alpert has traveled in his career. He has been making hit records longer than most of us have been alive.

The pop sensation has moved far down his life's road. This week, it has led to Yoshi's in San Francisco with his wife of 30 years, Lani Hall.
"We're working on arranging and changing and expanding ourselves through this music," Hall said.
"She's my guardian angel; she saved my life," Alpert said.
He did not elaborate, but their music does that by nature. Their appearances are part of a promotion for their new live recording of jazz standards.
Hall had been the lead singer for Brasil '66 -- another name that present generations may find obscure, but no matter. In fact, the prospect of past hits haunting them did concern them, at first.
"That was then; I am not trying to resurrect what I did in the 60s," Alpert said.
"We were afraid that once we started this show, people would start yelling those things; they would not expect this, that is not what happened," Hall said.
Instead, after all the gold, platinum and Grammies, this appears to be home, for now. It is a blend of domesticity and expression -- Herb and Lani's latest stop on a still winding, artistic road.

See this video: http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/video?id=6847320

(Copyright ©2009 KGO-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom