Herb & TJB Win Lego RockBand Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Bill

Gentlemanly Curmudgeon
Staff member
Most of you know that in addition to A&M Records, I.R.S. Records and DelRey Books, I also count Lego among my hobbies...

This weekend was my first time attending the local San Diego Lego Users Group (SandLUG). Lego User Groups (LUGS) are clubs for Adult Fans of Lego (AFOLs).

In anticipation of next week's release of the new game Lego RockBand, this month's contest was to build your own Lego RockBand MOC (MOC means "My Own Creation").

I only learned of the contest the night before the meeting so I had little time to prepare. Fortunately I still had most of my major components from the TJB set I made a couple years back and posted here. Anyway, I've long been irritated that these games as well as shows like American Idol cater to vocalists only or to the rock triad of guitar, bass and drums.

To that end I decided to make a TJB beach concert scene, complete with excited fans, security guards and even a few visual jokes here and there.

Surprisingly my MOC won the grand prize -- shocking since some of the others actually incorporated RockBand elements (the colored buttons, etc) or were elaborate lighted stage sets. One guy even made a giant mini-fig Pete Townsend smashing his guitar! (That one won first prize).

Entries were judged on Creativity, Realism and "Wow" factor.

My prize was a Lego Rockband T-shirt, lanyard and ID Card good for free rentals at Blockbuster and a achance to win the real game...

I'll post pics as soon as I get the link on the SandLUG website...

--Mr Bill
...and when Mr Bill's Lego Corner is up my A&M Corner buddies will be the first I invite!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom