1. A&M Corner can now be found on Instagram! Follow us on our new account at @a.m.corner .
    You may also follow us on Twitter: @amcorner.
  2. The new Herb Alpert remasters are now available for download from Amazon and iTunes, and high-res versions are available from Acoustic Sounds and HDTracks. Some of these albums are seeing their first-ever release digitally. Check them out today!

Herb's fave five albums

Discussion in 'The Beat of The Brass: Herb Alpert/Tijuana Brass' started by Steven J. Gross, May 24, 2017.

1. Steven J. Gross

Steven J. Gross Well-Known Member Thread Starter

2. Bobberman

Bobberman Well-Known Member

I like what Herb said instead of copying his jazz favorite he developed his own sound I believe in that and I can go for all ventures Don't try to copy develop your own style Well Put

3. Mike Blakesley

Mike Blakesley Well-Known Member Moderator

This is kind of strange.... from the article, one of the entries says:

They got the label wrong, and it almost sounds like he's talking about a Stan Getz record instead of the Sergio Mendes one. Nice list though, although from the headline I thought it was going to be Herb's list of HIS OWN best six albums. That would have been a more interesting read, for a variety of reasons.

4. Rudy

Rudy ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ Site Admin

US
    There is no telling what Universal has done with some of the titles. And consider, too, the article is from the UK, so some of these may be on the Decca label in the UK and/or EU, one of Universal's properties.

Steven J. Gross and Bobberman like this.
  5. Steve Sidoruk

Steve Sidoruk Founder, A&M Fan Net Moderator

And it is dated last September - old news. :wink:

Bobberman likes this.
  6. The album was reissued on CD in the UK on the Decca label in 2006.