• Our Album of the Week features will return in June.

Holy Grail Carpenters Memorabilia

A few of mine:

Magic Lamp single
‘Hammer and Nails’ promo kit from 1969
Test pressing of Karen’s original solo album cover
The duplicate “musical notes” mirror that once belonged to Karen - and which I almost bought around a decade ago - my biggest regret… (Richard’s featured)
Karen’s silver sparkle kit (featured)
Karen’s jellybean kit (featured)

392121C1-94DA-4928-B034-BBA145C35749.jpeg

7D0DAD75-22CE-4839-8978-151AB43F704B.jpeg

FBF3B0BD-777C-4A82-8EBA-3CA8F34170EC.jpeg

Just curious, anyone who can read music know if the notes above Richard's fireplace have a special meaning? Like maybe the first few notes of something Richard wrote like "Yesterday Once More" or "Top Of The World".

Just curious, anyone who can read music know if the notes above Richard's fireplace have a special meaning? Like maybe the first few notes of something Richard wrote like "Yesterday Once More" or "Top Of The World".
Well, three flats would be E-flat major or C-minor but these aren’t the notes indicated here. Since nothing really seems to be on the line or in the space exactly, I’d say its just decorative.

Well, three flats would be E-flat major or C-minor but these aren’t the notes indicated here. Since nothing really seems to be on the line or in the space exactly, I’d say its just decorative.

I think that’s right. From what I remember the mirror is just decorative.

The Carpenters Blue Neon sign from Horizon era
The limited edition collection of Carpenters Gold 35th signed by Richard sold by UMe
Hollywood Bowl Battle of the Bands album 1965
Your Navy Presents album.
Cal State Long Beach album featuring K&R
All very collectible, but the Magic Lamp single is by far the holy grail.
I finally bought a copy of The Capital & Tennille’s Holy Gail, I guess. The Way That I Want To Touch You on the Butterscotch Castle label about 5 months ago. Only 500 were pressed. Even Toni Tennille doesn’t own a copy, she’s said. I’ve been looking for it almost 40 years.

Last edited:
I wonder why she chose flats instead of sharps (if purely for decorative purposes)?

A few of mine:

Magic Lamp single
‘Hammer and Nails’ promo kit from 1969
Test pressing of Karen’s original solo album cover
The duplicate “musical notes” mirror that once belonged to Karen - and which I almost bought around a decade ago - my biggest regret… (Richard’s featured)
Karen’s silver sparkle kit (featured)
Karen’s jellybean kit (featured)

392121C1-94DA-4928-B034-BBA145C35749.jpeg

7D0DAD75-22CE-4839-8978-151AB43F704B.jpeg

FBF3B0BD-777C-4A82-8EBA-3CA8F34170EC.jpeg
The jellybean kit is so pretty.

Back
Top Bottom