• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

How Herb Alpert stays in shape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Castleman

Hello all! I haven't posted in some time, although I read all the posts.
My sister told me yesterday that her new Chi instructor from the Pacific Palisades/Malibu area told her that he has Herb Alpert as a regular client. After my sister told her that her brother (me) was a big fan, he mentioned to her that he thought he was a nice, down-to-earth guy and so was his family, which he apparently also knows from his frequent visits to Alpert's home.
Looking forward to the new releases...

Isn't it like Tai-Kwan-Do? Tai-Chi? If so, it's a form of the Martial Arts...very demanding of concentration, uplifting of mind and body. At least, that's what I THINK it is...

Dan, remembering the Karate Kid[show me "wax on, wax off..."]

Wasn't it that new age religion thing someone posted about a while back with endorsements form Lani, Herb and Jerry???

--Mr BIll

If you saw the Sundance Channel special not too long ago about Herb's sculpting, you can see it is a workout to make those things- heavy torches, etc. He's in good shape.

Herb and Lani are, and always have been, down-to-earth, easy-going people. "Save The Sunlight" was way ahead of it's time; "Wheelers & Dealers" follows suit. Also, the fact that A&M began using recycled materials to press records and/or sleeves always led me to believe that they were among the pioneers of the Earth Movement.

Whatever the case, these are but a few examples of the magic qualities to be found within Lani & Herb. What great souls they are!! :wink:

Jon

...with early-morning admiration of Herb & Lani's reality...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom