I'm GOING TO HAVE MY OWN 40th ANNIVERSARY celebration!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammerandnails

on APRIL 22 11:32 am --

Personally, as A Carpenter Fan Forever, a reverent of Karen's unique gift and
Richard's gilded inner eye of music and soul and the combined placement of the two talents burnished together: For the 40th Anniversary - I could care less for a Chinese/Japanese Eastern CD of covers by other artists.

All I need to see is Richard come out be OUT about him and Karen's music /lives together - make the talk show circuits talk about their legacy, bring out your beautiful children - do a one man/one piano OFF -Broadway Show - or release new remixed acapella versions of the music you two created together. WE all KNOW as Carp's Fans: RICHARD YOU DO HAVE THE TALENT (AND those who love you)TO DO SO.

I am just not interested in another tribute album. And there is no "preserving legacy" in Asian artists covering Karen's voice! They know the songs - WE ALL KNOW THE DIFFERENCE between "the devil and the deep blue sea!"

As the last LP that Karen saw release of was called "MADE IN AMERICA" we all know the great old USA currently is not spending bucks - but I find it an insult to go EAST where there is money to be made and to think that going EAST is all good work in "PRESERVING A LEGACY".

Carpenters were "MADE IN AMERICA". As SWEDEN treasures its ABBA - CARPENTERS are treasured here in the USA more than any other place in the world.

Hope the idea come true in the U.S.!!

I really hope better event or releases will be in America in the year of the 40th anniversary.
I only heard about Randy's book so far.
15th anniversary of CPAC is not Carpenters' 40th anniversary.
No releases from A&M/Universal Music America? Maybe re-releases of original albums?

After Karen's passing, I don't think American media has been kind to Richard. You may like hard talk(?) I hardly can recall nice interviews with Richard in the U.S..

Richard said in English magazine interview a certain box set should be released in the U.S.. However it has not been released in the U.S..
Only recent TV ad was for 35th GOLD?
American made Richard write "If I had known this (product and promotion for"An Old-Fashioned Christmas"), the album would not have been made."

Regarding to tribute album, I posted the information for collectors. You don't have to read my posts about tribute album. Here in Japan other tribute albums or tribute songs were released, but I haven't post about them. I just post info about this new tribute album, becuase Universal Music Japan will release, celebrating the 40th anniversary. The tribute album is for new fans like compilation albums. Almost all the singers on it seem to be for young Japanese. I hardly know about them. After I posted the last post of mine to the thread, I knew that "Yesterday Once More" on the tribute album was recorded on Feb. 25 by Richard's and Karen's same age artists.

I hope fans in the U.S. make A&M and DVD company like R2 Entertainment release new ones for the 40th anniversary.

If you can make Richard on stage, hope you can do broadcast it on webcast. I enjoyed Olivia on Oscar Night charity webcast. I love enjoying the event in live all over the world.

Sakura

Everyone has their own opinion, however any Carpenters related release is better than none at all. I for one appreciate all the posts from you Sakura about tribute releases associated with Carpenters. I understand the deep appreciation and loyalty the Japanese fans have contributed to the Carpenters legacy, I believe even Richard has spoken that once they love you they never forget you. Tribute albums are not for everyone but they do represent how the artist loved their music enough to want to cover it. Jann Arden is an artist that was very much influenced by Karen and recorded her version of Solitaire. Olivia recorded Rainy Days and Mondays. What a suprise when Akiko covered a whole CD of Carpenters hits on her album A Song for You, I personally can't imagine not having it so goes for City of Angels w/ Richard's backing vocals. The Reply is just so haunting gives me goosebumps, one can't help but think of Karen recording this had she lived.

We will never have Karen back but the artists that go to record Carpenter covers is more of an appreciation and love for the legacy that Carpenters left behind. That speaks volumes for me of an artist.

I think if it wasn't for the Japanese base we would not have alot of the gems that we have today from Richard. Treasures 2 CD set is filled with cool stuff and ATGB when first released as Japan import was a moment that touched me deeply when I first got my import copy.

Chris, thank you for your message.

But your last half reminded me of the time of ATGB release. The U.S. didn't allow number of songs that Richard produced.

When Richard was asked if a box is for Japan only, he had to mention Internet (import from Japan).
ATGB was import at first for fans in the U.S..
Sorry for continuing.

I always appreciate your posts, Chris. I love your conversation with Harry or Stephen.

Sakura

You are correct, I did get that backwards. :laugh: Since I live in US it was an import for me but in actuality it was not an import there. :laugh: I never bought the US version. I do have 2 Japan ATGB w/ OBI, the retailer sent me 2 copies in error when first released and did not bill me for 2nd.

The biggest advantage to the US AS TIME GOES BY is that "And When He Smiles" is not a hidden track, and as that's one of the big highlights of the album for me, it's a bonus not having to fast-forward through the long "Hits Medley" to get to it! Richard also changed the liner notes slightly for "And When He Smiles" to take into account the change to non-hidden status.

Also, the actual disc color is different - a more pleasing-looking powder blue rather than the grey of the Japanese release.

The booklet is arranged a little differently for the US. It's a stapled-together booklet style rather than the fold-out style used in the Japanese release.

Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom