• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Interested in a cd of Whipped Cream and other Delights

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradknicks

A few years ago, my mother mentioned to me that her favorite album used to be "Whipped Cream and Other Earthly Delights". Now, I realize that this is an opportunity to give her a great birthday present next month. However, I browsed the internet and couldn't figure out if they ever released a CD of this album. More specifically, i saw that there was a Japanese CD, but i don't think that's what she'd want. Anyway, I'm just wondering if you guys can update me as to whether there is a CD available of this album, how much it may cost (I understand that it may be expensive), and where I can buy it. Thanks for the help everyone!
-Brad

Brad: The short answer is, it's been cut out. You might find one on eBay or on Gemm, but be prepared to dig VERY deep.

Or just be patient....

I checked Amazon's marketplace sellers, but noticed that some of them are selling the LP version of it...for astronomical sums of money! I mean, yeah, the CD is rare these days, but record stores have way too many copies of this album kicking around. Nobody will pay $30 for an LP that they can get for $3 at a local used record shop. (Well, unless someone is *totally* ignorant.) Like Mike says, it's no longer in print. If you can hang awhile and wait for the remastered albums that are in the works, then you'd save a bundle and likely have a better product as a result of it. :)

thanks for the help guys. I'd really like to get a copy of this by October for her birthday, but it appears that this would be very difficult. I'll probably check back on this site periodically looking for news about a possible cd release. thanks again

Wow, interesting. Maybe that'll knock the price down on other TJB CDs there as well. What I will find amusing are some of these sellers who hoarded the CDs at a high price on eBay, and will be stuck with them as reissues come out. :) I still have one of those known hoarders on my eBay prohibited bidder list, in fact.

Further, checking the world's largest auction website this morning, there are no less than 6 and one-half(CD-R for the half) copies of Whipped Cream listed, as well as one of the Christmas Album, and one of the Lonely Bull.

Since CD-Rs are forbidden on eBay, that would be a good one to report. :agree:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom