• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Karen Carpenter's drums on eBay (was: Anyone else see this?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

carpwoman65

On eBay...A set of Karen's drums? Really? REALLY truely? :freak: :shock: :freak: :shock: :freak: :shock:

Sorry I don't have the link but if you search eBay they should show up.

Joanne

[Moderator note: Thread title altered to clarify what the thread is really about]

Yes, these are really Karen's. Richard has confirmed that, however he is not endorsing them as far as the re-sale of the drums are concerned. He donated that set w/cases several years ago, and he doesn't approve of someone else making a profit off of them. Just a little tidbit. :D

OK, I'm confused and a little ticked, but please bear with me. I'm really really frustrated and God knows I don't have all the details, but I want to get this off my chest..... :angel:

Would Rich be ticked off at whomever purchased them? If I bought them would I be like a traitor or something? Would I have no chance in hell to ever get on his Chirstmas card list or invited over for coffee? Er, I mean iced tea... :love:

Could I live with myself knowing that I was the caretaker of a set of Karen's drums but that Richard was reallllllly mad at me? Would I like to find out? (Hellyes)

Is Richard trying to get them back? I don't want the schmuck (the seller) to make a profit, either, but he has to live with knowing he profited from the sale. But jeeze louise, get 'em back, dude. Someone's GOT to get these back, whether they go back to Rich or into the home of a fan who will take care of them.

They were offered to me for $2400 and believe me, tears have been shed because I can't afford it right now. We just dropped 3k on a burst pipe and other really fun plumbing issues. Woo hoo. So I have a new emergency water shut off valve and a sparkley new water heater and new copper pipes and Karen's drums are sitting somewhere in Minnesota in the home of someone who sees them only as a source of income and won't come down on the price even if I freaking DRIVE there with a fistfull cash and pick them up.

This sucks. This really f-ing sucks. Damnit. :mad:

I feel better. Thanks for listening. :freak:

ps.....Rich, I love you man. But God. If I had the bread how could I say no? Besides, these are way more practical than hunting down the XJS. And more reliable.

I doubt he would be mad at you for buying them. He would probably be more upset at the person (or organization) that he donated them to. They were probably meant to be used as a keepsake or memorial item, not sold on eBay for a huge profit. But I can't see how he could fault a fan for buying them.

Oh my freaking GOD, you guys, I hope to heck he won't be mad at me cuz it's looking like I will be the next owner.

John Williams of WGN radio has taken up my cause and told me on the air - with millions of people listening in 38 states and three countries - that he's going to get those drums for me somehow.

Crosss your fingers for me....I won't really believe it 'til it happens... :shock: :goofygrin: :shock: :goofygrin: :shock:

Well, it's hardly going to matter where these drums go... If they really ARE Karen's and a sort of a "Certificate of Authenticity" can be produced, then chances are they will definitely go into the hands of a Wealthy Owner, who collects other Legitimate Music Memoribilia as well...!

Otherwise, God help me, I'll see to it that they get displayed somewhere legitimate like THE ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME MUSEUM!!!!! :help:

--Oh, wait, now--Please don't take me up on that one! :D

As for using the "F" word, I would surely edit out some of those other words, beginning with those other letters I find merely offensive here in the Initial Post! :cussing: :)

--I mean I have to be careful what I say AROUND Women....! :badteeth:

Dave

Dave said:
Well, it's hardly going to matter where these drums go... If they really ARE Karen's and a sort of a "Certificate of Authenticity" can be produced, then chances are they will definitely go into the hands of a Wealthy Owner, who collects other Legitimate Music Memoribilia as well...!

Otherwise, God help me, I'll see to it that they get displayed somewhere legitimate like THE ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME MUSEUM!!!!! :help:

--Oh, wait, now--Please don't take me up on that one! :D

As for using the "F" word, I would surely edit out some of those other words, beginning with those other letters I find merely offensive here in the Initial Post! :cussing: :)

--I mean I have to be careful what I say AROUND Women....! :badteeth:

Dave

WELL. A TRUE fan would understand WHY I would ask permission to use the F word! :love: As for the rest of my swearing, I picked it up somewhere after I lost my uterus. (btw - if you find it, please PLEASE do not return it.) I guess I feel so free now and swearing is just another form of freedom.... :?: :angel: :laugh:

I can't tell if you are being funny or are serious. as far as I know, the only carpenters in the hall of fame are the ones who built it unless I missed something. I really doubt the Rock hall of Fame would be interested as I don't think they are even aware the Carpenters even existed.

Whatever does happen, once I get my paws on them they will be taken care of by only Carpheads like me. They will never ever be sold for profit. Hell, I will never sell them. When I done with them they will be returned to Richard.

Now. I'm praying this dude - William Beckman - isn't screwing with me or scamming me. I need to keep a level head until they are sitting in my living room.

THEN I'll fall apart. :goofygrin:

Hey, Joanne, now I understand...Sorry! :neutral:inkshield:

Yes, I was really just kidding... I didn't know when you'd Post here again, since I missed out on Welcoming you the first time... So Welcome to our Little Club and I hope you'll stop by here to see us more often... :thumbsup: :thumbsdn:

Dave

Dave said:
Hey, Joanne, now I understand...Sorry! :neutral:inkshield:

Yes, I was really just kidding... I didn't know when you'd Post here again, since I missed out on Welcoming you the first time... So Welcome to our Little Club and I hope you'll stop by here to see us more often... :thumbsup: :thumbsdn:

Dave

Only a restraining order could get me out of this forum! :laugh: :laugh:

I certainly don't think Richard would be upset at the person *purchasing* the drums, I just know that he is not willing to endorse the sale of the kit, where the *seller* is concerned. This set has been listed numerous times, WITH a hefty price tag. Richard's issue is the fact that he donated them due to his (and Karen's) appreciation for the arts. Someone else has taken the liberty to cheapen that, and make a large profit. I can understand his concern.

On the FLIP SIDE, I say...GO FOR IT. If they're for sale, buy them! How awesome is that! :agree:

Chris May said:
I certainly don't think Richard would be upset at the person *purchasing* the drums, I just know that he is not willing to endorse the sale of the kit, where the *seller* is concerned. This set has been listed numerous times, WITH a hefty price tag. Richard's issue is the fact that he donated them due to his (and Karen's) appreciation for the arts. Someone else has taken the liberty to cheapen that, and make a large profit. I can understand his concern.

On the FLIP SIDE, I say...GO FOR IT. If they're for sale, buy them! How awesome is that! :agree:

I'd love to get them and bang on them for a while then send them back to Rich if he wants them. But the radio guy seems to have blown me off.

And to think I pulled off the side of the road and had a good cry cuz he was going to do this for me. He's just another DJ....At 42 I should know better!!!! :oops:

Oh, well. I know where they are. If they're still there when I get the money then.... :goofygrin:

I'd kill for the jelly beans, though... :angel:

BUT ENUFF about this already. I'm going to post about "What Do You Get when You Fall in Love". Maybe y'all can tell me the story behind and answer my qiestion...

"Waaaahhhhyy?" in god's name did Richard let Karen do that?

Joanne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom