• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Karen doing the MOON BEAM SONG. Would've been great!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ullalume

Just cos I feel so strong about this,

I'm a fan of Harry Nilson. Check out his "Nillson Schmillson" album. On it you will find "THE MOONBEAM SONG". It would have been perfect for her... the elongated assonance, the active bass-line, and ample chances for the block-harmonies.

Another track, from the disney feature "THE RESCUERS" called, "Be brave little one". It's a beautiful song by Sammy Kahn. It's perfect for her. Interestingly, pre-production on this started in 1974, when Carpenters reigned supreme. Considering the Disney company allowed them to record at this time in Disneyland I'm surprised they didn't ask them to do this song for the film.

When rescuers came out in 1977 it was a huge success. Imagine how much of a hit this track would have been, imagine how much of a boost it would have been to their flagging career. It surely would have put All You Get.... and Occupants into the top 10 where they truly deserved to be.

It's a shame all we can do is imagine......

Another interesting thought, loosely linked, is that Sammy Kahn wrote the song "Morning After" for Poseidon Adventure in 1974, another song that would have been good for them. What's quite strange is that the people singing the song in the film are a brother sister mellow act. Considering how popular the carpenters were at this time, could this have been an homage.

Your thoughts please,

Neil

I too have often thought that the Carpenters would have been great doing the songs from "The Rescuers". Even the title song from the film, "The Journey", sounds very similar at times to "One More Time". It's kind of a shame that they didn't. The timing would have been perfect.

There was talk around that time that Disney did want Richard to score a Disney film. It was around the time of the Rescuers. Not sure if that was a rumor or not.

Since we are on the subject of what could have been, why the heck didn't Karen ever guest star on "The Love Boat"? I remember the fan club stating something like "The show was interested in Karen, and she would accept if a suitable script was offered".

Recall Richard was offered Disney's "The Rescuers " in 1977 -but due to Carpenters projects and health reasons , Richard declined this film music score :sad:

At some point Richard will undertake film score work and compose film songs with John Bettis ideally for the future -perhaps Richard is very choosy and does not want Kids films or the average Hollywood film project ?

Karen was offered various Film / TV projects -again due to Carpenters schedules / solo project sessions and above all declining health -any plans were always placed on the back burner ....had Karen continued into 1980's / 1990's ...sure various roles / scores / projects would have materialised :)

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom