• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Karen in People's "Gone Too Soon"

Status
Not open for further replies.

no1kandrfan

I found a People Magazine "special" release at the supermarket yesterday: "Gone Too Soon, Remembering 65 celebrities who died far too young."

There is a 2-page spread for Karen on pages 20 and 21; page 21 is a full page black and white photo (that also blends into page 20) - she looks wonderful; radiant, so young, full of life and, of course, that great smile. There is a small photo (similar to the cover photo of this magazine's coverage of her death), and the back pages contain a photo of the magazine cover as well.

In the article they refer to the Carpenters as selling 80-million records. Is this the latest figure? I could've sworn it was well over 100.

In any event, it was great seeing Karen's smiling face in a major magazine once again. Gone but not forgotten.

Without furthur dwelling on the death of her and others who were taken far too soon before their time, I'm glad The Music Lives On...!

Dave :neutral:inkshield:

Thanks for the tip on the magazine article. It's always nice to see our favorite artists from the past get some recognition from the present-day media.

Harry

I tried Publix grocery store and also CVS drug store and neither had this issue, also called Barnes and Noble and no luck. When was this issued?

Did they use the photo of Karen in the studio w/ headphones on wearing the comics shirt?

Hi Chris - I'm 'away' from the magazine right now but I believe it has a date of December 17 - perhaps my local market stocked it early.

I did notice that Amazon is selling the hardback version although they are temporarily sold out.

The b&w photo is a very early Karen shot. I know I've seen it before, and it was most likely taken at the same time as the shot of Karen wearing a white with black polka-dot blouse, sticking out her tongue at someone with her hand in her ear.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom