• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Lani Hall: "Collectibles" vs. Original Version

Orginal Version vs. "Collectibles" version

• Original Versions only

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Mostly the Original Versions

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Mostly "Collectibles" Versions

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • "Collectibles" Versions only

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMK said:
That "first time in her-story" quote about Blush is used in the Classics booklet.

Well, Jeff, it's also in the press kit for Blush, as well as the article in the San Jose Mercury News. Sounds like a catch phrase to me.

Jon

I first heard the use of "Her-story" for "History" in a George Carlin routine back in 1976...

--Mr Bill

Jeff has a point, the term was used in the liner notes of Classics. However, it was also used in many articles and press kits of the same era. As I said, sounds like a catch phrase to me! :wink:

Jon

...catching phrases, online...

I think Jon is right. It was catchy in the promo of Blush and so...
they kept it.

It's like the same catch phrase they use for the Sergio stuff: "a delicately-mixed blend of pianistic jazz, subtle Latin nuances, Lennon-McCartneyisms, some Mancini, here and there a touch of Bacharach, cool, minor chords, danceable up-beat, gentle laughter and a little sex."

The whole sentence is: "I cannot see how substantial international achievement can elude this group who have marketed, with considerable taste, a delicately-mixed blend of pianistic jazz, subtle Latin nuances, Lennon-McCartneyisms, some Mancini, here and there a touch of Bacharach, cool, minor chords, danceable up-beat, gentle laughter and a little sex."

(Can I say "sex" in a message?)

trevor

Trevor said:
I think Jon is right. It was catchy in the promo of Blush and so...
they kept it.

Thanks Trevor. Diana Baron of A&M Artist Relations always saw to it that I had a current Press Kit from whatever album Lani had just released. She kept me in the loop. A kind, generous lady she is. So is Lani Hall, who also went out of her way to be kind to a young fan. All I know is I made an error in regard to Blush vs. Double Or Nothing because literally, I haven't seen them in years -- they're in a Florida storage unit. Either way, when it comes to clarification, you can always count on Jeff to pull through. He knows Lani's music inside and out. So does Paula. As for the catch-phrase...it was, indeed, used in several publicity items related to Lani Hall -- this much I do know.

Regardless...we're surrounded by several talented people who know of what they speak. That's what makes our forum so interesting. :wink:

Jon

The only reason I mentioned the Classics booklet is because I had it out the other day listening again after all this talk about Collectibles (which I also listened to)--my point was only that it was in the booklet, too, not that it wasn't anywhere else. I have the Blush kit around here somewhere, too, but haven't looked at it for years. It's interesting to see the differences in the bios from the various presskits through the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom