• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Lani's vocals, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brasil66 Fan wrote:

Sergio was right about Karen as an actress, but wrong about the show.

I think Sergio meant to say that his Janis Hansen (the singer) was not an actress. I think he said something to the effect of, "No, Karen was the actress..." In other words, he made it clear (in so many words) that Karen Philipp went on to become an actress--not Janis Hansen. He never mentioned M*A*S*H or The Odd Couple. It was a generalized statement.

Brasil Nut

Heck, all of Sergio's female singers have been easy on the eyes. Have you ever tried to find a copy of the September 1972 issue of Playboy? I have to admit I'm a little curious about Karen's appearance in that... :D I have seen Karen's pictures accidently on the internet. Ther is total of 5 pictures and the pics aren't sleazy.A nice one is Karen playing in the lake.Anyway , I am more interested in READING the Playboy interview.Does anyone know where I can access the interview?

Jilanha said:
Heck, all of Sergio's female singers have been easy on the eyes. Have you ever tried to find a copy of the September 1972 issue of Playboy? I have to admit I'm a little curious about Karen's appearance in that... :D I have seen Karen's pictures accidently on the internet. Ther is total of 5 pictures and the pics aren't sleazy.A nice one is Karen playing in the lake.Anyway , I am more interested in READING the Playboy interview.Does anyone know where I can access the interview?

One place you might try would be the local library. A lot of public libraries carry Playboy, and the larger ones might keep back issues going back to '72 and beyond...it's worth a try...could also be on microfiche. You could even try ebay, if all else fails...there are also used bookstores to consider.

Dan, former librarian

on the look of love
(i could be wrong)
but it sounds like to me
that janis sings the verses
but when the singer starts
"i can hardly wait to hold you...etc)
isn't that lani?
it sure sounds like her to me

wp

walterphil said:
on the look of love
(i could be wrong)
but it sounds like to me
that janis sings the verses
but when the singer starts
"i can hardly wait to hold you...etc)
isn't that lani?
it sure sounds like her to me

Yes, it is Janis singing the verse. Janis has confirmed in e-mails to a couple of Corner regulars that she sung the lead on "The Look Of Love" and Lani joined her on the chorus. You have a good ear, WP! :)

Jon

...in appreciation of any Cornerite who can tell the difference between Lani Hall & Janis Hansen, online...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom