• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Limited Double Pack from Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

SakuraSYayoi

I posted information about this Double Pack CD's to another forum.

According to CD Journal.com, Carpenters first 10 original albums will be released as Double Pack on March 21st in Japan. Other Double Pack releases on the same day are ABBA, Police and Sergio Mendes/Brasil '66 among others.

Carpenters cat. numbers are from
UICY-90356-7 to
UICY-90364-5

Sergio Mendes
UICY-90382-3 and
UICY-90384-5.

2500Yen each is a very good price for two albums in Japan.
(Treasures 2CD set was 3600Yen. 10th Anniversay Edition of Twenty-Two Hits of the Carpenters with Karaoke[UICY1311-2] is 2CD set, 3000Yen.)

ABBA's releases may have bonus tracks.

Sakura

Carpenters bonus tracks would be nice! A single version here, a single version there, an alternate take here, and alternate take there.

Wishful thinking!

Amazon & Amazon.JP just uploaded photos.

B000MV92UQ.01._SS400_SCLZZZZZZZ_V42185999_.jpg

B000MV92V0.01._SS400_SCLZZZZZZZ_V42186178_.jpg

B000MV92VA.01._SS400_SCLZZZZZZZ_V42185910_.jpg

B000MV92VK.01._SS400_SCLZZZZZZZ_V42185904_.jpg

B000MV92VU.01._SS400_SCLZZZZZZZ_V42186211_.jpg

Does anyone know if these will be the "Remastered Classics" versions? Also, will they be in jewel cases or "mini-LP sleeves"?

2 jewel cases for each pack.
Remastered classics. I finally got "CAREPENTERS"!!

1200 series don't have lyrics, but this series has liner notes and lyrics both in English and Japanese. 4th album has Richard's song notes as remaster classics has.

Sakura

I received an e-mail notification from Amazon that these are now available for pre-order. The release date is listed as March 29. I pre-ordered two of the sets and they gave me an estimated delivery date of April 5.

Scott

P.S. - Thank you for the answers to my questions, Sakura. :)

April 5 has come and gone!

Amazon updated the estimated delivery date on my order. The new estimated delivery date is the much broader window of "April 18 - May 25." I'm not sure if the actual release was delayed or if it's a distribution issue with the Japanese supplier.

Anyway, just thought I would update everyone in case anyone was planning on ordering these.

Also, the price is $28.49 per two-pack.

Have a great day, A&Mers!

This release was always targeted as a limited release, basically it's one of the Japanese music industry's way of putting them on sale. From what I can gather, there's nothing new about these releases, other than a cardboard slippack that fits around the two jewel-cased albums. The mastering remains the same as on the Remastered Classic editions from 1998.

It's a pretty good deal for those who want the Japanese versions of the albums, and it's good that some of the out-of-print albums are at least temporarily available, but it's not the kind of collectible release that some other issues have been, like the 22 HITS with Karaoke, or the Single Box Set. Those had something truly unique about them.

But it's great that Universal Japan has put these titles out there - and at a discount!

Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom