Listen to this-Carpenters/Harrison medley/Youtube

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonnesun

First time poster, I'm a massive Carpenters fan, and this is definitely so KC.

Here Comes The Sun/Only Yesterday

Unfortunately the girl tragically died young too. But this song is up there with the best of The Carpenters imo. The production and her voice is perfect. She deserves great comments on her video :sad: :)

The last "sun sun sun, here we come, baby baby" is a KC tribute blinder (and of course GH himself). She is the only person I've ever heard that sounds so much like her which before I never thought possible. It's a keeper :)

How can you even think it.

I know Karen is something special, but she sounds so much like her. Dare anyone sound anyone near her.

Listen to the killer end of the song.

You have gotta be kidding me. In contrary, I feel Richaard would feel quirte happy with a production like this, tbh. This is just so KC, and you know it. It's already in my top list. Just listen to the end of the song and uou will know that she is JUST like KC.

I might convert you lol.

Of course she doesn't sound exactly like Karen, not when you compare it to The Carpenters Only Yesterday. That was a huge production.

This girl still has a very similar voice and style as you can particularly tell with the very nice Karen style "baby baby" bit at the end although the recording production isn't at the very highest A&M Richard Carpenter scale.

Nobody can equal Karen in my view, but this lass has come the closest to me so far. It's a fantastic tribute. I love it. I put it up amongst my Karen (and George) collection favourites. It's lovely :)

It is sad that she died young.
I do have to say that there really isn't any production in the song....sounds like somebody chording along on the piano with a tape recorder sitting nearby. Her sound does remind me of VERY early Karen......like Dancing in the Street from the college competition tv show...

That's my point, it sounds very early Karen without the big productions and so this girls vocals for "Only Yesterday" is far softer, but that's only because it's more casual yet still sounds very similar. Now put this girl in front of a huge production like Karen later on and what could ya get of of her? Very much similar I believe. The fact is that anybody that can even remotely sound like Karen is to be applauded, and this girl really does sound like an early Karen, whom we still all love. The final line ending is a blinder that Karen would have done the same herself, imho. It's really not that much different to "Help!" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom