• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Marietta Waters: Class of "74"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cortnee

R ANY of people aware that Marietta Waters is from Delaware County, Pennsylvania?? Ms. Marietta Waters graduated from Prendie High School in Drexel Hill, Pa. in 1974. Sooooo, Marietta was only 19 years old when she joined Sergio's band in 1975. By the way PEOPLE, Prendie is a Catholic School, not a public school. I never knew this about Marietta until today. ANOTHER PENNSLVANIAN in Sergio's band. Sergio just LOVES US PENNSYLVANIANS! Michael Sembello, Alphonso Johnson, James East, & Ron Powell are also from Pennsylvania.

The "Prendie People File" has been around for many years. And yes, Marietta was a teenager when she joined Brasil '77 for the "Homecooking" project back in '75.

Marietta is still active in the industry. In addition to work for the Children's Music Division of a major movie studio, samples of her current music and style, in addition to a fairly recent photo, can be found at www.musenet.com -- a site devoted to active musicians. It's worth a look.

As for me, Marietta has always been one of my favorite singers. She is a sweet, talented and extremely gracious person. :)

Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom