• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Mr. Alpert in a new movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just kidding :D but, who will play his part in the new version? Later...Jay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MUCH ABOUT HISTORY
'Ten Commandments' remake in works?
Paramount reportedly thinking about serious treatment of Moses epic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: July 14, 2004
1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

Thou shalt consider a modern version of "The Ten Commandments."

Red Sea parted in 1956 version of 'The Ten Commandments' (Paramount Pictures)

That's the buzz in the movie industry, as Hollywood is contemplating production of a third version of the Bible's classic story of Moses leading the Israelites out of slavery in Egypt.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, Mark Gordon, producer of "The Day After Tomorrow," is already on board to produce the remake, and screenwriter Charles Randolph is slated to meet with Paramount Pictures about writing the story.

"While a new Moses movie could tap into some of the same religious fervor that blessed Mel Gibson's 'The Passion of the Christ' at the box office, Gordon and Randolph are believed to be interested in fashioning a serious, research-based treatment of the subject," says the industry magazine.

Talk of the remake comes on the heels of a WorldNetDaily exclusive report about claims of actual chariot remains from the ancient Egyptian army being found at the bottom of the Red Sea, some 3,500 years after the Exodus is said to have taken place.

"I believe I actually sat in an ancient chariot cab," British diver Peter Elmer told WND, referring to his time exploring a submerged item in what he describes as an underwater scrapyard. "Without question, it is most definitely the remains of the Egyptian army."

"The Ten Commandments" was originally released in 1923 as a silent, mixed black-and-white footage with early Technicolor film, directed by Cecil B. DeMille and featuring Theodore Roberts and Charles de Rochefort.

More than three decades later, DeMille remade the epic in a 1956 Technicolor feature starring Charlton Heston, Yul Brynner, John Derek, Vincent Price and Edward G. Robinson. It was nominated for seven Academy Awards including best picture.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing this happen, but they'd probably "Passion-of-the-Christ"-ize it with over-the-top violence. The special effects would be cool though, and it really does have a compelling story. They could have Russell Crowe play Moses.

Maybe they could make it a little more manageable in length.

Not my type of movie (it needs more spaceships...or more cowbell :laugh: ), but my main concern would be the amount of CGI they'd use in the film to create the special effects. One bothersome aspect of the bits and pieces I saw of a Harry Potter film was that the digital graphics were way over the top, to the point of distraction. Hey, it's easier to drag a person around a computer screen than fly them around by wires. :confused:

Montana Mike said:
...they'd probably "Passion-of-the-Christ"-ize it with over-the-top violence.

Considering what this team did with political innuendo in Day After Tomorrow I'd be more concerned about them "rewriting" the Bible!!!

Montana Mike said:
They could have Russell Crowe play Moses.

Not a bad idea. Or Owen Wilson. Ben Stiller could be the Pharoah!

Montana Mike said:
Maybe they could make it a little more manageable in length.

Amen (sorry) on that!!!

--Mr Bill

If they put it in Hebrew, that would be great (as Moses and the Israelites spoke the language). I saw "The Passion", and while I don't think it's the greatest on screen depiction of the life of Christ, I think that it was pretty powerful, and as a believer, it was nice to see the original languages spoken. People seem to forget that the Bible stories took place in a particular area of the world, and have somewhat "Europeanized" them over the centuries, rather than present them in the real context. Though, if they actually go through with it, I think that nothing tops Charleton Heston's performance, much like nothing (I think, anyway) tops Jeffrey Hunter's performance in "King Of Kings".

I love the story about Herb turning to Cecil B. DeMille and saying, "Would you mind opening the shot on my face?" in reference to a scene which opened on his back. Somehow, I can just see Herb doing something like that. :laugh:

Jon

Has anyone ever tried to get a screen shot of Herb in the movie? I understand you can see him in the widescreen DVD. I haven't been able to spot him myself. Does anyone know the time-mark where he appears?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom