• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

"New" Fest releases

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMK

Contributor
Just wanted to say I got all of the new LP repro CD releases of Manfredo Fest albums that are currently available at Dusty Groove, and they're spectacular. As Rudy mentioned, the later DMP Jungle Cat redoes a bunch of stuff from "Brazilian Dorian Dream," but the different versions are really interesting to hear.

In the kind of funny department, I was listening to Manfredo's funked up version of Richard Rodgers' "Slaughter on 10th Avenue," and because the arrangement was so unusual, I knew I knew it, but I was thinking it was some pop tune from the 1970's. :)

Update: After Hours, his album of cover tunes, has some right channel problems in the later tracks.

Wow, I will have to earmark a few dollars in the next month to get a couple of these. Sounds like a treat! Thanks for the update. :thumbsup:

The funny thing is, now after having heard all of them, he really liked "Slaughter on 10th Avenue." Two versions on these, plus the third on Jungle Cat. The one I've listened most to, After Hours, sounds like a needle drop to me--just FYI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom