• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Pete Jolly Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimac51

I have not purchased it yet,but I see that a Christmas jazz cd,JAZZ YULE LOVE,was released last year on Mack Avenue Records(I have no vested interest in this label,despite the use of my nickname),with some producing ties to Jazz Crusader Stix Hooper. It includes two cuts by Pete Jolly,a remake of "Most Wondeful Time of the Year"(the selection he did on SOMETHING FESTIVE) and "O Tannembaum". Straight ahead artists like George Shearing,Cedar Walton and Kenny Burrell fill out the album(Kenny does Thad Jones' "A Child is Born" so I have to get this if only to add to my dozens of recordings of this song). Borders is featuring it in their headsets this month. Mac

Funny...I used to work on a Mack Avenue many years ago. Another unauthorized use of your nickname. I think it's an evil plot. :wink:

Sounds like an interesting CD though. I've resolved not to buy many Xmas CDs this year, mainly because I have 80-90 I can barely get through listening to over the course of a few years! I WILL be getting the new SACD version of Vince Guaraldi's Charlie Brown Christmas though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom