• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Picture Disc release of WHIPPED CREAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the older picture discs also had the picture sandwiched between clear vinyl, but that clear vinyl did NOT wear well. Hence, the discs were more for display. I don't know for sure, however, but I do remember knowing that they really weren't durable enough for regular play.

According to a source at Shout! Factory, the Whipped Cream & Other Delights picture disc is to be released on January 20th.

Whipped+LP.jpg

Herb's Whipped Cream & Other Delights picture
disc LP is available for advance order at the
Shout! Factory web site below.

http://www.shoutfactorystore.com/prod.aspx?pfid=5256821&sid=493A539BEBD24D0EB6583AB8817D21A3

The "purist" in me has to note:

- Though the A&M logo is gone from the front and back artwork (understandably so, as this is a Shout! release), one can find the logo in the small album pictures on the rear.

- The words "A&M Records" are deleted from the end of the liner notes and in the "Other Records you will enjoy line (again, understandably so).

- The original back album cover promoted six albums, only three are pictured here.

- One of the ones pictured is VOLUME 2 - and we know how some might view THAT!

Other than that - nice job SHOUT!. I look forward to spending a small fortune for this.

Harry

I don't think I ever saw a pic-disk with front and back cover art replicated like that. Sometimes they would have the back cover picture or something, but this is much closer to exact. Nice job.

I think $30 is VERY reasonable for a collector's item.

Guess what? Twenty to thirty years from now someone will be looking for this very item. There will always be TJB followers. My niece and nephew -- both in their 20s -- love them.

I'm of the camp that a well-mastered vinyl recording is far superior to the cold, flat CD sound.

hi how you all doing? I got the herb alpert & the tijuana brass whipped cream & other delights picture disc in this morning mail. and the sound quality has no ticks like the other picture discs that where in the 80's.
the sound is remastered and is cd qualtiy in my own opinion. and comes with a 4 x 2 sticker on the front and same mini poster as in the cd version. I ordered from elusive discs. so it is well worth the $29.95.
bob

I received my picture disc in the mail from Amazon about a week or so ago. I haven't played much of it - just skimmed a couple of tracks to sample how the vinyl sounds, and it is really nice.

The vinyl is super quiet, with just the barest amount of ticks.

Meanwhile, while down here in Florida for vacation, I happened over to the Virgin Megastore in the Downtown Disney area, and sure enough, in their semi-substantial new-vinyl section, there was Herb (well, Dolores) in the racks.

It was so invigorating to see a "new" Herb Alpert album in the records racks. The price they wanted was not too bad - $24.99.

Harry
...from the A&M Corner Southern Command, online...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom