• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Pretty World - Connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aqua do Brasil

Dear Mendes fans,

About the song PRETTY WORLD:

For most of the forum members this song is a highlight in Sergio's recording career, i agree with all of you but there are so many songs that are witty and groovy so it's hard to pick up a favourite one.

PRETTY WORLD was written by the great pianist, composer and teacher extra ordinaire, ANTONIO ADOLFO MURITY SABOYA. Born in Rio de Janeiro at the 10th. of february 1947 (an Aquarius just as Sergio, Jobim, John Pisano, Stan Getz, Gene Lees the lyricist and the humble myself).

In 1986 he founded his music school, Centro Musical Antonio Adolfo located at Rua Almirante Pereira Guimares/ 2/02 Leblon,Rio de Janeiro , (021) 239-2975.This is where Daniel Jobim (Antonio Carlos Jobim's grandson went to school along with 600 other students.

His daughter Carolina Saboya is a great singer in her own right in and her first cd sold as hot cakes in Brazil.

Carolina Saboya appeared as background singer at the Ivan Lins written song LUA SOBERANA from the Grammy award winning Brasileiro album by Sergio Mendes. What a connection!

Aqua do Brasil said:
His daughter Carolina Saboya is a great singer in her own right in and her first cd sold as hot cakes in Brazil.

Carolina Saboya appeared as background singer at the Ivan Lins written song LUA SOBERANA from the Grammy award winning Brasileiro album by Sergio Mendes. What a connection!

Sjef...you always come up with the most fascinating info about Sergio and his musical influences. I really enjoy your posts!

You know, I had always wondered about Carolina Saboya and who she was. I was of the assumption that she was, indeed, Carol Rogers under an assumed and/or stage name. Sergio would often refer to Carol as "Carolina" onstage. Thank you for clearing this up for me and other fans who might have wondered the same thing! :wink:

Jon

...grateful to have his Carolina's in order, online...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom