Really ugly LP covers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disturbing...

georgeduke.jpg

Thanks for posting that, Capt. Bacardi. I don't even know if I have that album anymore, but I did love it being a flute player and all.

Ever heard the quiz show "SAYS YOU!" which airs on some public radio stations? A few months ago, the series' creator and host Richard Sher gave his panelists punny clues to guess the names of jazz musicians. Some of them included...

"He's a really spicy guy"...HERBIE MANN.

"One huge gulp, to Gabby Hayes"...FATS WALLER. (Fat "swaller"...:doh: )

And my own favorite..."What Ollie dishes out..."...STAN GETZ!

I was just reading back over this thread and noticed the posting about Supertramp's Indelibly Stamped cover.

While it's definitely not what I would call an "ugly" cover, I have to add it to the "what were they thinking??!" list. Maybe Supertramp was hoping it would be controversial or something -- but putting out a cover that is guaranteed NOT to get your album prime display exposure (and is actually more likely to get it banned in many parts of the world) seemed like a bonehead move to me. According to Wikipedia the cover had stickers over the naughty bits when it was first released, but still.

The album does contain some great songs though. 'Travelled" and "Aries" are two of my 'Tramp favorites and I also like "Rosie Had Everything Planned."

Okay... probably my favorite I.R.S. album has one of the worst covers:

1711232.jpg

And the follow up was even stranger:

sp70038.jpg

I owned this for about two years before I noticed (the now bald) Mr. Skafish's reflection on the payphone. It so startled me I dropped the album!

--Mr Bill

And I.R.S.'s two LPs by The Animals were pretty bad too:

sp70037.jpg
sp70043.jpg

--Mr Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom