RISE ReMixes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious how these remixes come about. Do the remixers contact Herb and tell him their plans, and does he have approval before they put it out into the world? They must have access to the multi-tracks to pull these remixes off, don't they?

Or do they just use software and computer magic to do their work?

I wondered the same thing with the ReWhipped album but that one was done with Herb onboard, so they must have had access to the multi-track tapes. But what about a group like the one on the above remix? How does it work?

Randy was in touch with several of the top international Club DJs and re-mixers to create RISE re-mixes to attract a younger demographic to Herb's music. Several versions are being created and perhaps the collection of them will be released. I would assume that a ProTools file of RISE would have the multi-tracks as the base.

This is another version:

Herb Alpert - 'Rise' [Official LNTG Remix] »

herb_alpert_Asset Downloads_RISE_REMIX_COVER_LNTG.jpg

The LNTG remix is essentially an extended mixout from the original multitrack without adding anything much other than a bit of rhythm. The Soulshaker mix is very different and although it took a while to get used to what sound like the 'wrong' chords in places I love the new piano work and especially the additional marimbas which nicely pay homage to Julius and bring out the more traditional feel of the TJB without straying from the 2016 Dance vibe. A splendid dance track which I have no doubt traditional fans will dislike..... :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom