• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Sergio Mendes albums in mini-LP style sleeves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Blakesley

Staff member
I just increased my collection of the Sergio mini-LP sleeve packages by adding PRIMAL ROOTS. I had told myself that I would not buy any of the albums in the LP packages unless the cover was unique in some way - like FOOL ON THE HILL and STILLNESS gatefolds, or the PAIS TROPICAL foldover flap. But, with PRIMAL being one of my favorite Mendes covers, I caved in and got it.

So now I have all of the early-era A&Ms in the mini-sleeves except HERB ALPERT PRESENTS, CRYSTAL ILLUSIONS and YE-ME-LE. Can I hold out on completing the collection? Time will tell!

Was GREATEST HITS ever released in the mini-sleeve? I wouldn't mind getting that one.

Just curious, are you ordering these from Japan, or getting them through your suppliers?

Harry

It varies. Our supplier doesn't always offer the Japanese titles, so I got PAIS TROPICAL and STILLNESS from Amazon.com.

The warehouse did have PRIMAL though, and the little button on the ordering website said "Low Stock!" so that sucked me in. I've gotten the ones from Verve from our supplier too.

I got the original Japanese (jewel boxed) reissues of the albums from Melody Blvd, which is now defunct, I guess. That was before our warehouse was carrying many imports. Nowadays they have a lot more to pick from, although things go in and out of availability very quickly, as always.

I still want to get Herb's BEAT OF THE BRASS in the LP-style sleeve since it's a gate-fold. (And would buy a BRASS ARE COMIN' too, if available.) The other TJB covers aren't as interesting from that standpoint so I'm happy with the Shout packages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom