• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Sergio’s Touring band guitarists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aqua do Brasil

Dear all,

Here is to my knowlegde a list of guitar players wich performed on tour with Sergio during his career:

1• Durval Fereirra (Bosso Rio sextet)
2• Jorge Ben (am i right?)
3• Marcos Valle (Brasil ’65)
4• Oscar Castro Neves (From 1971-1981)
5• Lee Ritenour ( Brasil ’77 during 1973/1974?)
6• Danny Embrey (Brasil 88 as electric guitar player with Oscar in the
the early ’80s).
7• Vinnie d’Onofrio (Begin of the nineties)
8• Kleber Jorge
10• Greco Barrato (am I right on this one?)

I hope I didn’t missed one.

all the best,
Aqua do Brasil

Greco Barrato would be correct! :wink:

Good run-down of his guitarists, Sjef. However, are you talking strictly about Guitarists? If you want to include Bassists to the list, there's always Moroccan-born Jussein Jiffry, who has toured with Sergio for the last ten years. He's also one of the nicest people I've ever met. A really great guy.

Jon

...stringing the conversation along, online...

brasil_nut said:
Greco Barrato would be correct! :wink:

Good run-down of his guitarists, Sjef. However, are you talking strictly about Guitarists? If you want to include Bassists to the list, there's always Moroccan-born Jussein Jiffry, who has toured with Sergio for the last ten years. He's also one of the nicest people I've ever met. A really great guy.

Jon

...stringing the conversation along, online...
Jon

...stringing the conversation along, online...[/quote]

His bassists to my knowlegde are:

1•Octavio Bailley (Bossa Rio Sextet and The Bossa Rio group with Gracinha Leporace and the late Manfredo Fest amongst others.
And Octavio played with Sergio in 1974-1975 when Sebastioao Neto left the group.
I had contact with Octavio some years ago, a wonderful guy and the one who performed The girl from panema for the first time with Jobim with some other musicians on a café in Rio de Janeiro.

2• The great Bossa Nova Legend. Sebastioao Neto, who played in brasil 65 and along with Sergio on Brasil 66, and 77. Great guy and i saw him performing on German Television in 1987 with Jobim and his New Band! One hour concert, fabulous!

3• Donald Ballard (The New Brasil 77)

4• Warren Giancatarina (Brasil 88)

5• James East (Brasil 99 and currently in the Ottawa concert)

And the already mentioned Hissein Jiffrey,
(is he not a boy from Sri Lanka?).

Keep in touch on the airwaves(online).I hope you will enjoy
your upcoming Sergio concert

All the best
Aqua do Brasil

Buzz Feiten (Feiten/Larsen Band, worked with Lani on Double or Nothing) toured with Sergio in at least 1976-77 because I saw him twice during that period with Sergio. Also, not sure if he actually toured with Sergio, but Michael Sembello performed with Sergio at least a few times on various tv shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom