• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Signed album? I think not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our eBay-Observant Harry said:
...Wasn't YESTERDAY ONCE MORE, in all forms, released AFTER Karen's death...??

If a copy of it I saw on Vinyl, Cassette and CD said 1985, then I think SO! :shock:

Dave

Once in a while you'll see a copy of the Who's FACES DANCES (1981) or IT'S HARD (1982) "signed" by Keith Moon.
Only problem is he died in 1978.
JB

I sent the seller an email that reads this way:

Karen Carpenter died February 4, 1983. "Yesterday Once More" is a compilation LP that was released two years later. Therefore, the signature on the cover cannot be hers. Also, Richard's signature is also quite suspect as it bears little resemblance to his actual penmanship.

You are clearly a reputable seller and I figured you'd want to know when you were dealing with a counterfeit. I mean no disrespect.

Thanks for your time.

He's an active seller so I give him the benefit of the doubt on this one. He clearly deals in lots of these things and it's possible he may not know what he's dealing with. Hard to tell.

Ed

This particular version of YESTERDAY ONCE MORE was the "TV version" that came out in 1984. Still, there's no way it was signed by Karen, and it's likely not Rich's signature either.

Some folks over at Steve Hoffman have sent mails to the seller too. We'll see how soon he's willing to discontinue an LP auction that's up to $83.

It's too bad we can't warn the potemtial buyers.

Harry

Generally I'd stay away from those "private auction" dealers who don't disclose the ID of the high bidder -- to keep people from warning him or her -- or whose other signed items look too good to be true (ex. multiple Bob Dylan autos).
Doesn't hurt to read the feedback either,
JB

Doesn't eBay have the public comments anymore? Or is that up to the seller to decide whether or not to allow the questions and answers to be posted publicly?

Some poor unsuspecting dolt has now bid up to $112.50 for these obvious fake autographs. I guess there's no shoratge of suckers out there...

Sigh

Harry

Maybe the seller found someone really named "Karen Carpenter" so he can really say truthfully that Karen Carpenter signed it. I wouldn't put it past some people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom