• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

The Feeling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruno

Today I surfed around in the internet, searching for sites which are connected to Karen Carpenter.

By doing this, I discovered a new british pop group with the name THE FEELING. They are five boys, who have just released their first album TWELVE STOPS AND HOME. The first single is SEWN.

The band's lead singer Dan Gillespie Sells stated in an interview, that the music of the Carpenters did have an enormous influence on his music and his singing. He said: "Karen was one of the greatest vocalists of all time. She had a clean, clear voice - pure emotion! It was heartbreaking." He also said, that the Carpenters songs were very emotional, but minimalistic at the same time. As an example he named SOLITAIRE.

The group members are all in their mid-twenties, and I think it's just great, that these young men have the courage to say that they like Carpenters!

Does anybody of you know this group?

I just ordered their album at amazon.de, so I will post a review of it in a week or two.

Bruno

hey I checked out some of their songs on Myspace and I have to say they have catchy stuff! I am contemplating getting their album too! Thanks!

They are not quite as sugary-sweet as the Carpenters. More guitar driven but really great hooks and stay-in-your-head melodies

I'm glad you like their music!
I have to wait some days before the album is delivered to me.

I also read, that their songs are filled with multiple harmonies, just like the overdubbing effect used by Carpenters. Only in their case, there are not just two, but five group members.

Bruno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom