• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

This Can't Really Be It...Can It?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point remains: No, they won't. They didn't by TIME and they didn't buy PACC.

So to rephrase the public/fans wouldn't buy anything but something that looks like great, fresh material and a Christmas album done by him and a real voice would be a compelling buy on iTunes. I can't imagine it being the bomb that the other two albums were.

If the "new" Christmas material is as good as Joe Osborne seems to think it is, then it's a terrible shame for it to sit on a shelf and be left to rot. So what if Richard can't find a record label that's interested in releasing it? He could release it himself on iTunes. There would be no manufacturing costs and no distribution costs (beyond Apple's cut of sales for hosting it on their store). We all know it wouldn't sell massive numbers, but Richard could at least recover some or all of what it cost to produce this material. Perhaps he thinks that a digital release is beneath him, or perhaps he's never even considered the possibility - perhaps he no longer thinks the material is up to his perfectionist standards? Maybe he really is "done", and just doesn't care anymore?

If Richard should have a change of heart someday, and release his Christmas album, I would definitely buy it. However I would be amazed if it ever happened.

If the "new" Christmas material is as good as Joe Osborne seems to think it is, then it's a terrible shame for it to sit on a shelf and be left to rot. So what if Richard can't find a record label that's interested in releasing it? He could release it himself on iTunes. There would be no manufacturing costs and no distribution costs (beyond Apple's cut of sales for hosting it on their store). We all know it wouldn't sell massive numbers, but Richard could at least recover some or all of what it cost to produce this material. Perhaps he thinks that a digital release is beneath him, or perhaps he's never even considered the possibility - perhaps he no longer thinks the material is up to his perfectionist standards? Maybe he really is "done", and just doesn't care anymore?

If Richard should have a change of heart someday, and release his Christmas album, I would definitely buy it. However I would be amazed if it ever happened.

I think for him it's an added responsibility if he had to hire a web designer/manager to oversee things. I totally agree it's something he should consider. Honestly he's been saying "there isn't much more if anything" and "it's time to move on" for years, if not a couple of decades now. He and Mary take a lot of trips - vacations and second home(s) kind of thing. I think it's more of a discipline for him to stick to that notion of "all done", since he's probably aware of the fact that doing all this stuff always takes more time than anticipated, especially given his need for complete creative control. That [at the moment anyway] probably just isn't worth it to him.

Does anyone own or heard Seiko Matsuda's Love - 20th Anniversary Best Selection album which includes two of Richard's songs? I really want to hear these but can't find the CD anywhere. Does anyone know where you might find a copy?

Does anyone own or heard Seiko Matsuda's Love - 20th Anniversary Best Selection album which includes two of Richard's songs? I really want to hear these but can't find the CD anywhere. Does anyone know where you might find a copy?
I don't know where you could find a copy of the CD. However, I found a website where you can stream the album:

http://thisplaylist.com/playlist/lo...iversary-best-selection-by-seiko-matsuda.html

The songs that Richard co-wrote are "December Morn" and "Christmas Turned Blue".

Note to the mods: I feel that it is OK to post the above link, as the album can only be listened to on that website, but not downloaded and saved. Also, the album is long out of print and unavailable to purchase anywhere. If I am mistaken, and the link is in violation of the forum rules, feel free to delete it.

I don't know where you could find a copy of the CD. However, I found a website where you can stream the album:

http://thisplaylist.com/playlist/lo...iversary-best-selection-by-seiko-matsuda.html

The songs that Richard co-wrote are "December Morn" and "Christmas Turned Blue".

Note to the mods: I feel that it is OK to post the above link, as the album can only be listened to on that website, but not downloaded and saved. Also, the album is long out of print and unavailable to purchase anywhere. If I am mistaken, and the link is in violation of the forum rules, feel free to delete it.

Well, don't point it out to them!

A simple "thank you" would have been sufficient. :rolleyes:

Thank you, Murray! You're the best! If they don't want it on here they will take it down when they do take notice, but there's no need to call it out and ruin the chances of other people discovering the link. I'm just saying don't spoil it for others who might not even know that those songs exist.

Murray Christmas to all!

Last edited:

Thanks for posting! Funny, I listened to a few of the songs... There's something about the young man's voice that has a richness that vaguely reminds me of Karen's ... The second to the last song, Sayonora and first...True Love Story... Interesting to this listener's ears... :)

Maybe there will be another bio of the Carpenters that will give the last few songs remaining. I would think Chris May knows best of what is actually left. Then maybe a release of favorite videos from TV specials. It would be nice if it happened while we are all still alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom