• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

"THIS MASQUERADE"-WHICH VERSION DO YOU PREFER?

THIS MASQUERADE-WHO'S VERSION DO YOU PREFER?

• SERGIO MENDES(1974)

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • KAREN CARPENTER(1973)

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • GEORGE BENSON(1976)

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mr J.

"This Masquerade"-which version do you prefer: Sergio Mendes'(1974),Karen Carpenter's(1973) or George Benson's(1976).

Although I like (and have) the song by all three artists mentioned I must say my favorite is the one by Sergio Mendes. So I voted Mendes.... :!:

#1 would be Karen Carpenter's version. #2 would be Sergio's and #3 would be Benson.

Karen's is sophisticated and sultry. Sergio's version, with Bonnie Bowden on vocals, is pensive and thoughtful. George Benson has a sensational version as well, but when it comes down to a choice, Karen wins hands down (IMHO).

Jon

Karen, by a mile. Although I would have put "Carpenters" in the poll, because her version owes almost as much to the arrangement by Richard as it does to her vocal, IMHO.

I did not like Herb's version of this one. One of the few times he did not "nail" a song in my book.

I don't really like the song. So... I voted for the Brasil'77 version. I like the triangle percussion in it.

My vote was for George Benson's. His was the version I was first exposed to, therefore I gravitate towards it. To say nothing of its being a pop-crossover breakthrough for him.

my favorite hands down,is the george benson version.so much soul,so much passion,combined with rich orchestration,it just doesn't get much better than this. i also like herb's version of the tune,but it's george's version that does it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom