• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

TJB 1974 - GERMAN TV CONCERT

I just watched this and it's similar to the Earlier ABC special except several Different songs were on this one but I enjoyed it Thanks for sharing

It was from the same tour as the ABC special (which I think was taped at a UK concert IIRC). Somewhere in my files I have that tour itinerary and once I unbox my files from our move I will try to post it. I like that some of the songs here are slightly different arrangements from the TV special -- it's kind of like "The ABC TV Special, Alternate Take."

--Mr Bill

Thanks for posting this. Really enjoyed it.

Lotsa talent on that stage.

Nice to see John playing his faithful Fender 12 string, and a Gibson ES355 + Herb's shiny new trumpet. + Julius and Bob!

Fox Hunt to me is a Definitive 70s TJB classic first time i heard it in 84 as a single i loved it ( it was to be a decade later when i finally got a copy of the album) and i still love hearing it today.

It was a few years ago that I learned, here, that the "Fox Hunt" commercial 45 had a little extra verbalization on the end of it. I had to check that out, so I found one on eBay or Discogs just for my own edification. Turn it up at that final drum beat. Here's that 45:

It was a few years ago that I learned, here, that the "Fox Hunt" commercial 45 had a little extra verbalization on the end of it. I had to check that out, so I found one on eBay or Discogs just for my own edification. Turn it up at that final drum beat. Here's that 45:

I remember that well which only confirmed what I knew back when I had only the single but it's still a Great version. Tons of memories attached to the song

Hi TJB fans,

I'm really surprised to find the entire video here on the forum.
In one of my former posts here - 12 years ago ... cannot believe it, how fast time is passing - I mentioned that I bought this tape from the TV station ZDF (Zweites Deutsches Fernsehen) which recorded the entire concert in Frankfurt, Germany. And the tape wasn't cheap. The concert was announced by means of this poster

That was the only Herb Alpert concert I ever was able to attend. You can imagine that I have fond memories about this event. And it's actually 50 years ago ... unbelievable. And Herb is still performing on stage ....
I had in mind, to post my tape on youtube, but Steve was a bit faster to post it here. That's great.
Nevertheless you all can now enjoy the good quality of a 45 minute part of the entire concert.

Greetings from a cold place in the Black Forest
Arthur

Back
Top Bottom