TJB Classics Vol. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob

Hi guys. I do not remember if this topic was already covered. on the herb alpert & the tijuana brass classics vol. 1 . I seem to remember the first pressing of this cd there was a misprint? some thing about a track miss error. becasue i have 3 copies. I had the first pressing at one time. but now it is gone. on the one back cover listing of the songs, it has Jeruslam time listed at 1:19 and the others with the same song listed at 2:23. then on the actual cd the song listed about lists the timing at 1:19. so my question what was the actual misprint?
bob

Early pressings of this disc have an error in the track programming. "So What's New" and "Spanish Flea" were accidentally combined onto one longer track which threw off the track programming. It got back on track when they split up "Zorba The Greek" into two parts.

So:

Spanish Flea occurs on track 13 at 2:11 in, changing the track listing as follws:

13 So What's New / Spanish Flea 4:15
14 Tijuana Taxi 2:04
15 More And More Amor 2:42
16 Jerusalem 2:31
17 Zorba The Greek Part 1 1:19
18 Zorba The Greek Part 2 3:04

The insert on the early CD was also wrong which is where the Jerusalem 1:19 came from.

After the error was discovered, A&M repressed it with the corrected track indexing. I have one of each that I purchased, then found another of the error CDs in a pile of throwaways. That disc had no cover, was just laying around loose, so I gave it a home and made a scanned set of inserts. It's scuffed, but still plays just fine.

Harry

thank you harry for the answer. see one of the ones that I have. I played it with Jerusalem listed at 1:19, then I played so what's new and spanish flea.and it played on separate tracks13 & 14. so my guess they must have corrected that. but with Jerusalem listed at 1:19 on the actual cd and track 13 So What's new/Spanish Flea as 4:15. is listed on the actual cd label. so I believe they have corrected it. but not the label. so then I really do not have the error one. and again. thanks for the info.
bob

I have the bad CD that I bought in '87 or '88. It was one of a set of the first three or four CDs that I bought. I had never owned any Herb Alpert & TJB recordings before, and I was over the moon at both owning any of their music and owning it in such a clean and clear format.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom