• Our Album of the Week features will return in June.

TJB - Interesting Picture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks and yes, I am contemplating something. There are several more B&W proof sheets and many color photos from this venue - some of which were used in the recent BBC HERB DOC. Other tours include, Bullish, Symphony, Second Wind, Passion Dance and the recent Herb & Lani Tours.

Michael Hagerty said:
Herb and the guys were sporting some serious sideburns by '67, so I'll guess this is '66 or earlier.

I agree. Pisano had his mustache by '68, and Herb had his hair longer and more curly by the time S.R.O. came out in late '66. Just another reason why LP covers were fun to look at back then. We probably wouldn't have noticed it as much with CDs these days.

Capt. Bacardi

Michael Hagerty said:
The hairstyles look a little conservative for 1968. The date (assuming that's what it is) is written in the same hand as "UCLA", which means it was done after the fact and isn't an absolute timestamp.

Herb and the guys were sporting some serious sideburns by '67, so I'll guess this is '66 or earlier.

---Michael Hagerty

Absolutely

Captain Bacardi said:
Yeah, I finally replaced it with a '93 Chevy Lumina, which has 3 hubcaps missing. But it runs and it's paid for. :thumbsup:

My CR-V is no beauty queen either (remember that rust never sleeps up here)...but it's 13 years old, paid for, and still running like the day I got it in '97, some 215,000 miles ago...

mexicat said:
Just gotta say, those contact sheets are amazing.

Steve, have you ever done / thought about doing a pictorial book? Apologies if you have and I missed it btw...

Best-
M

Steve has the biggest and best Herb/A&M collection anywhere and he is best placed to put some sort of pictorial book together. A lot of his pics are of the highest quality so, Steve, what are you waiting for?!

Stephen

A&Mguyfromwayback said:
Steve - love the pictures from 74...I think I saw that same tour when they came through San Diego.....

I wish I'd seen this tour. I was 12 and had only started listening to the TJB. It was another 22 years before I heard Herb live and almost 30 years before I met him.....

Stephen

someone may have already mentioned this and I missed it......
trumpet fingering is right hand....so the first picture would be correct.
jonathan

Stephen Vakil said:
A&Mguyfromwayback said:
Steve - love the pictures from 74...I think I saw that same tour when they came through San Diego.....

I wish I'd seen this tour. I was 12 and had only started listening to the TJB. It was another 22 years before I heard Herb live and almost 30 years before I met him.....

Stephen

We had seen both the "You Smile" and "Coney Island" tours when they came to Michigan. I don't remember many musical moments, but do remember having dinner at the lodge and seeing Herb (in sunglasses) with Lani, Julius and the entire "T.J.B." (as they were billed) having dinner at a large nearby table. Both concerts, though, I remember "Zorba" was part of the encore, and it got the audience on their feet, whoopin' and hollerin'. Great times!

Then again, our "Spanish Moon" tour concert ended with fireworks out at Meadowbrook while Herb and the band played "America The Beautiful." :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom