Top o' the Evening

Status
Not open for further replies.

song4u

Is anyone on the Forum here attending Richard's show tonight? If so, would love to hear about it. :agree:

Hi All,

Managed to attend last weekend's TOP O' EVENING event at CPAC ....again very enjoyable & musically superb ....will post fuller update on return to UK ....should be back Mon / Tues next week... :sad:

Jazzy Jeff -did you not attend this year ?

Know Swedish fan attended TOTE ....anyone else .... :confused:

Peter UK

Peter:
Glad to see you attended. No, for the first time I missed the event. My expectations of Richard performing Carpenters music dwindles every year. This time, with the promise of Irish music, I knew I would be "dead in the water". Richard has a very talented family and I am sure he is very proud of them. However, my fix is Carpenters music. At $175.00 per ticket, I passed this year.

However, I'll keep my memories of the grand opening of the CCPA with Herb Alpert, Paul Williams, and Richard playing "From this moment on" live with a video of Karen. And the "Japan preview" tour with an incredible amount of Carpenters tunes. And the 10th anniversary concert with Richard opening for Bob Newhart.

I'll have to wait for Richard to embrace performing again.

Jeff I understand your post yet I know that you consider yourself fortunate for even having been able to attend what you have as memories.

Folks on the east coast are not so fortunate. I never had the chance to see Carpenters in concert when Karen was alive. Since Karen passed....I guess the time for Richard to have toured was at the release of Piano, Composer, Arranger, CD. It's just so hard accept that Richard will never give another concert and perform Carpenters music. I'm happy he has given his attention to his family which is the way it should be...I just long for 1 concert from him before I die. I would literally pay $175.00 a ticket just to see him perform Carpenters music. Possibly even be able to get backstage and meet him to tell him how much Carpenters music has meant to me. Something similar to what I did when I met Olivia backstage. I think Richard would be over-whelmed at the overpouring of gratitude.

Today I was listening to the Live at Budakon concert in my car (I burned the audio from the VHS tape) and I found myself getting so excited listening to it and wondering what it would have been like to have attended that in Japan. Yes those days are over but I'd still like to see and hear Richard perform before my life ends.

I love reading your reviews about Richard's concert and TOTW, Peter and Jeff!!
I can't wait for Peter's review!!
I wish you great time for the rest of stay in the U.S. and a safe trip back to England, Peter.

Were there any review threads about "Japan preview" tour and Japan Tour 1997?
Didn't Peter come to Japan for Richard's concert? NHK Hall?

Sakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom