Two Sergio Grammy trivia questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

A&Mguyfromwayback

Industry Member
I haven't been able to find the answers to two questions - both extremely trivial and apropos of nothing (but isn't that what trivia is anyway??)....

1) How many Grammys has Sergio been nominated for during his career?

2) The only year in the entire history of the Grammys when they didn't even have a Best New Artist category was 1967, rewarding the music year 1966. I'm pretty darn sure Sergio would have snagged a nod (they nominated both Astrud Gilberto and Antonio Carlos Jobim - as separate artists - for 1964, the year the Beatles won). Why in the world would they not have the category??

As shocking at it seems, I'm pretty sure his only nomination prior to Brasileiro was for Pop Vocal Group for Fool on the Hill. The 5th Dimension won that year.

JMK said:
As shocking at it seems, I'm pretty sure his only nomination prior to Brasileiro was for Pop Vocal Group for Fool on the Hill. The 5th Dimension won that year.

I know he won for "Brasiliero", then probably nothing until "Timeless"; the wild thing is, then, in the last five years or so, between regular and Latin Grammys, he's scoredat least five or six more nominations, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom