UK Fans, This is For You..... Richard Set to Thrill Fans Onstage Live in the UK From Sept 2024

This came up on the web a few hours ago. Can someone find the press release that goes with this? Looks like tickets go on sale in a couple of days.

The first link doesn’t work but I found the link to where tickets will go on sale this Friday 10am. My reminder is set!

Last edited:
I’m really hoping to be able to get tickets for this but Ronnie Scott’s in London is listing ticket prices at between £200-£300 each. Let’s hope that’s not the general trend for the tour. Tickets for ABBA Voyage, with its £140m investment, don’t even cost that.

Do they sell that much more in the UK to not do any US dates? Honestly, this once in a lifetime opportunity to see Richard peform is worth 2000-200£ in my book.

Do they sell that much more in the UK to not do any US dates?
Probably, I would think. There would have to be some reason why he’s performing in the UK/Japan and not in the States. You’d think his first instinct would be to stay in his own country. Maybe he just likes to travel a lot?

Probably, I would think. There would have to be some reason why he’s performing in the UK/Japan and not in the States. You’d think his first instinct would be to stay in his own country. Maybe he just likes to travel a lot?
Yeah, but you would think one or 2 dates at the Carpenters Performing Arts Center wouldn't be off the table.

Its like Jimmy Webb been doing for years, play a few songs on piano and talks about etc,.

Oh...my...Gawwwd! 😍😍🤩🤩

I feel like I'm dreaming this, but I hope I'm not :D
It's going to be a long wait, but really looking forward to this 🎉🌞
(first hoping to get tickets of course! 🤞)

Glad I saw this in time 😃

Greg

(first hoping to get tickets of course! 🤞)

I’ve had a look at the websites for some of the other venues Richard will be playing and tickets are retailing at around £70 each. Don’t forget, 10am tomorrow! :)

If I can get tickets it’ll be for the Leeds show as that’s closest/most accessible for me. He’s playing some very odd places on this tour. Worthing is a small, nondescript town as far down the country as you can get, right on the southernmost tip of the UK and a trek to get to. I’d have thought he’d be playing venues in major cities around the country, not places like Worthing.

I’ve had a look at the websites for some of the other venues Richard will be playing and tickets are retailing at around £70 each. Don’t forget, 10am tomorrow! :)

If I can get tickets it’ll be for the Leeds show as that’s closest/most accessible for me. He’s playing some very odd places on this tour. Worthing is a small, nondescript town as far down the country as you can get, right on the southernmost tip of the UK and a trek to get to. I’d have thought he’d be playing venues in major cities around the country, not places like Worthing.
Thanks Stephen, that'll be 11am my local time then :)

You're right, not all major cities like back in the '70s, some towns I hadn't even heard of 😳

Haven't decided yet which venue(s?) to go to, but Leeds would be great to visit again (was there last year to follow Titanic bandmaster Wallace Hartley's footsteps). One of those coastal towns would be nice to travel to as well though.
I just noticed that Worthing is close to Brighton, where I saw Olivia's concert 10 years ago 🤩

Good luck tomorrow!

Hi all, its been years since ive posted in here but im a lurker.

Anyhooo. i just got tickets for London, Monday 16th. CANNOT BELIEVE IT.

i'll be flying in from Dublin, costing me an arm & a leg and worth every Euro! Never thought in my life that i would have a chance to see R C in person.

Got mine too, Leeds, dress circle, looking forward to this!! 😃🎉 (see you there next year, Stephen!)

I may go to another one as well :wink:

If only I was sure that Richard would play with a jazz combo in London, oh my gosh... :love:

Hi all, its been years since ive posted in here but im a lurker.

Anyhooo. i just got tickets for London, Monday 16th. CANNOT BELIEVE IT.

i'll be flying in from Dublin, costing me an arm & a leg and worth every Euro! Never thought in my life that i would have a chance to see R C in person.
Nice to « see » you, @Graeme .

The fans and radio in the UK, and the fans in Japan, have pretty much kept the Carpenters name afloat for decades. Here in the States - not so much. It makes perfect sense why Richard would choose to spend his time in those countries.
Agree with you, Harry, that the fans in the UK and Japan have been extremely loyal over the years.

Like you, I cannot imagine that Richard would undertake a multi-city US tour. But perhaps he might consider a one-time concert at his alma mater in Long Beach. He could use such an appearance to fine-tune his plans for the upcoming UK tour.

I am in too, going to Worthing on the Saturday and then Portsmouth on the Sunday 4 hours to get there, a weekend with Richard, what a chance of a lifetime to see this superstar who along with his superstar sister made the world a better place with their amazing music…..I am going with my very own Karen…cannot wait!

Back
Top Bottom